wiping Xubuntu off an XP machine

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Termingamer2-JD, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Termingamer2-JD

Termingamer2-JD

I'm using an AOA150 netbook, and I don't have the install USB.
    I need to get into the Recovery Console unit for XP so I can wipe the partitions safely and get back my disc space, I need it.

Or alternatively I can also reinstall Windows, but how do I do this without driver hunting? I don't understand.

I might be getting an external hard drive or high capacity USB for my birthday tomorrow though, so I could wipe Windows, but I have no experience with removing xubuntu and getting my partitions back.

Help?

Termingamer2-JD, Sep 20, 2015
  2. Termingamer2-JD

eatup

Easiest way would be to put Vista/7/8.1 ISO on a USB stick (visit mydigitallife.info -> forums for links to untouched DigitalRiver ISOs). Then when it asks where to install to, you can do all sorts of repartitioning on that screen. Basically deleting all the active partitions will allow you to recover all that space into one primary one.

eatup, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Termingamer2-JD

Termingamer2-JD

Thanks, but I don't know if I can use Vista/7/8.1 on a netbook at all - the minimum requirement is 1GB RAM and I have... 0.98GB, which really is bad.

Termingamer2-JD, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Termingamer2-JD

fingerfood12345

If you can access Windows, take a look at EASEUS Partition Manager Free; you might be able to remove your Xbuntu partition without any loss of Windows data, regain your needed disk space, and be rid of Xbuntu, all in one operation....

fingerfood12345, Nov 1, 2015
  5. Termingamer2-JD

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Hello Termin,

I ran XP and Ubuntu - Linux Mint etc for quite a while on the old PC as dual boot.

How was Ubuntu installed on your machine. ?. If you used Wubi you will (under XP) find Wubi Uninstall as an exe in the Ubuntu partition. Just run it and, "Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my #$#$".

If the Ubuntu install was a later version not using Wubi, have a look for Uninstall GRUB and look at it's capabilities.

Umm, I forget the rest but a lot of info is available on Ubuntu forums about unistalling Linux dual boot.

Cheers,

Mark.

Aunty Jack, Nov 1, 2015
  6. Termingamer2-JD

Joe511

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    Joe511, Nov 4, 2015
  7. Termingamer2-JD

Joe511

If you were gonna do that, I'd use getintopc.com for isos

Joe511, Nov 4, 2015
  8. Termingamer2-JD

virgosun

Hi, I am triple boot Win 10/XP/Debian and all run ok either installing Windows first or Linux first. if you can access windows XP then run bootrec /fixboot to remove Grub2, then delete xubuntu partition from disk management

virgosun, Nov 10, 2015
Ask a Question