windows xp updates

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by tarcwyn, May 13, 2014.

1. tarcwyn

tarcwyn

Hello all. My wifes computer has recently developed a issue regarding updates. When prompted I install the updates and the laptop restarts. When it reboots, the progression percentage gets to 30% then it says 'failed to configure updates'. It continues to reboot and the laptop functions normally.
    I say normally, but along with this, the laptop doesnt recognice any device. When a usb or ipod/phone is plugged in, starts to install the drive, but then a message appears saying that it was unable to install the driver. Could these issues be relate?
    Many thanks in advice.

tarcwyn, May 13, 2014
  2. tarcwyn

Elizabeth23

did you reinstall xp is that why you are updating??

there will be no more updates for xp as it is at the end of life

which are the specific updates that you are having problems with??

you can go to microsoft updates and look at your update log and see if any are red which means failed install.

Elizabeth23, May 13, 2014
  3. tarcwyn

tarcwyn

Thanks for replying. I remember hearing that Microsoft no longer offer support to xp. I realised yesterday after looking properly at the laptop that runs on Windows 7. The updates im talking about are the automatic updates the computer installs.
    I have checked the update log to find quite alot of important updates that have failed to install. Should I make a note of these and download them manually?
    Cheers

tarcwyn, May 14, 2014
  4. tarcwyn

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, May 14, 2014
  5. tarcwyn

Jojo

Jojo, May 15, 2014
Ask a Question