Windows xp sata drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP Drivers' started by RexoLr, Apr 22, 2021.

1. RexoLr

RexoLr

I wanted to install windows xp on my computer because i like windows xp a lot, and when i ran the setup from bios my pc bluescreened and people said it was because windows xp wasnt using sata drivers, and people told to me to inject the sata drivers into the iso and i dont know where to find the sata drivers. i would appreciate help.

RexoLr, Apr 22, 2021
  2. RexoLr

red Guest

hi make your pc boot from cdrom not hdd then run xp from disk should be fine your drivers will be installed would make a backup before you wipe the drive ,or better still make a separate partition for the install

red, Apr 22, 2021
  3. RexoLr

RexoLr

i have even a worse problem now, i injected the sata drivers in iso then i booted in setup from bios well it didnt actually work because when i booted in setup it didnt boot and my computer beeped and i saw a blinking -
    then i tried to run it from setup and it worked, i booted into the setup then when my computer restarted the files were copied then it rebooted and i already knew something was gonna happen and i wasnt wrong something bad did happen indeed which is a blue screen https://ibb.co/MDkLcMQ

also i am very sorry for the black stuff its because my lens are cracked

RexoLr, Apr 22, 2021
  4. RexoLr

usingh066397

One time I got the same bsod a few years back and I just kept trying and trying and then after 2 days it worked for me lmao

usingh066397, Apr 22, 2021
  5. RexoLr

red Guest

then seems you need to do a fresh install on a clean hdd ,the problem is due to to many attempts of trying to install without fixing the problem 1st, gl:)

red, Apr 23, 2021
  6. RexoLr

Samir

Just set your bios to legacy and install xp and get it running. Then install the sata drivers and reboot. You should go back into xp. Once you've done that, shutdown and go into the bios and change to sata mode and see if you can boot.

I haven't tried this with sata, but did use this for a sas raid controller (perc 5i).

Samir, May 3, 2021
  7. RexoLr

esuhl

If you're having problems finding the right SATA driver, maybe this will help:

Driverpacks.net provide a "Mass Storage" driver update pack that contains many SATA drivers. You have to install the BASE software, and use it to slipstream the Mass Storage DriverPack to a copy of the XP installation CD.

Guide (and BASE software): http://driverpacks.net/docs/beginners-guide-windows-xp
    Mass Storage DriverPack: http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/windows/xp/x86/mass-storage/12.09

I haven't tried it myself. I just downloaded it in case it comes in useful.

esuhl, May 3, 2021
Ask a Question