Windows XP Professional Recovery CD

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Moonwelt, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Moonwelt

Moonwelt

Hello, fellow forum members. I have just joined... I hope I am not breaking the rules already hehe.

So, basically, I've been given a couple of Fujitsu CELSIUS workstations running Windows XP Professional. I am willing to restore them back to their original state and have not managed to find a Fujitsu Windows XP Professional Recovery CD ISO image online.

I emailed Fujitsu and they did not help me, due to the fact that support for Windows XP has ended.
    I do not know what to do at this point. Does anyone here have one, please?

Thank you.

Moonwelt, Sep 7, 2017
  2. Moonwelt

Elizabeth23

Using the Recovery Partition
    Reboot or turn on your Fujitsu Lifebook and press "F12" when the Fujitsu logo appears.

Highlight "Recovery and Utility" using your arrow keys and press "Enter." If this options does not appear, you have to recover directly from the recovery disc.

Select a new keyboard layout on the first screen that appears, if your preferred keyboard is not already selected. Click "Next." Select "Use recovery tools...," and "Next" on the "Operating System" dialog screen. Enter your password, if your system is configured with one.

Click "Recovery and Utility" on the "System Recovery Options" screen.

Click the "Recovery" tab and click "Restoring the Factory Image (only C:\drive)." Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your Fujitsu Lifebook. Some models may require a supplied recovery disc be inserted at this point.

http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/www/content/pdf/SupportGuides/Recovery Manual_B6FJ-3031-04EN-00.pdf

read the above pdf knowledge base article
    --------------------------------

if you do not have the hidden partition, you will have to get a copy of xp from some online source.

--------------------

you could also just uninstall all programs, create an administrative profile and delete all other profiles except the built in admin profile.
    run some scans for malware and antivirus and then you should be good to go without having to reinstall.

Elizabeth23, Sep 8, 2017
  3. Moonwelt

Moonwelt

Thank you for your reply.
    I do not see the 'Recovery and Utility' option when I press F12.
    Using the OEM CD will be a whole lot better than manually restoring the workstation back to its original state due to specific things such as registry entries and what not.

Moonwelt, Sep 8, 2017
  4. Moonwelt

Elizabeth23

if you do not see the option then the drive has been wiped and it is lost.

hope you find an oem cd.

Elizabeth23, Sep 8, 2017
  5. Moonwelt

Moonwelt

Thanks for your reply. I'll see what I can do about this. If I don't find one, I'll go with a fresh Windows XP Pro installation.

Moonwelt, Sep 8, 2017
Ask a Question