Windows XP Professional Nvidia 1070 drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by Overflow, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Overflow

Overflow

Hello!

So, Ive been searching high and low for 1070 drivers for Windows XP.

Reading forums and posts after seaching, I get the distinct impression that there are no drivers available for 10x0 cards, but Im posting to ask if anyone know of any options in that regard.

The tasks I need from Windows XP is to run some old Computer Based Training software, and they work perfectly with my current install, so I dont actually NEED Nvidia drivers to do what I need taskwise.

Im still curious about the possibility of optimizing my Windows XP installment.

Thanks!

Overflow, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Overflow

Elizabeth23

you might just have to try one of the driver download places like slim utilities, there are lots that let you download for free, some you have to pay. I am fortunate that I have all my drivers on a flash drive for when I need them, :), you do know that you have to install the chipset first before any other drivers???

Elizabeth23, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Overflow

Overflow

Thanks for the replies Elizabeth!

Yeah, I always install the chipset/Motherboard CD files. My motherboard is old (2009), and only reason why I have a 1070 on it, is cause the original card died after 4.5 years. In Norway, we have a 5 years warranty claim, so I got a equivilent priced replacement card, which turned out to be a 1070 :)

But I might end up reinstalling Windows XP now that I know how to do it proper, and ensuring that I stay offline thru the whole process. I do not have all the windows update files available for offline install, beyond Service Pack 3. Ofcourse, I got Firefox now. And the malware/virus scanner programs. So maybe a new install is prudent.

Overflow, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Overflow

Elizabeth23

it is a very lengthy process, but I have PortUp installed on a flash drive, at least 6gb, since I have all the .net installed on my pc. you run the first scan online, it checks to see what you have installed and what you may need, then when the first scan is done, you can download everything and it saves it to a cache file on the flash drive, then after a reinstall and while offline you run another search, lengthy, then it lists what you need to install and you can choose what you want.

http://www.portableupdate.com/docs/documentation.aspx

http://www.portableupdate.com/

Elizabeth23, Jul 29, 2018
  5. Overflow

Overflow

Thanks for all the replies :)

Overflow, Jul 30, 2018
  6. Overflow

Elizabeth23

You are welcome, :)

Elizabeth23, Jul 30, 2018
Ask a Question