windows xp on the pentium m

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by legacyfan, Dec 19, 2022.

1. legacyfan

legacyfan

i have an old pentium m i recently saved from an old D600 i had that broke and Im planning on reusing it in a desktop computer I'm working on and I was wondering if windows xp would run good on this or would it cause problems? if anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated

legacyfan, Dec 19, 2022
  2. legacyfan

tekkaman

Isn't Pentium M a latop CPU ? Anyway You can run XP with it but I think the internet of today might be too much for it. It could run Office 2003 or something but it will choke on Youtube.

tekkaman, Dec 19, 2022
  3. legacyfan

mario2313

It would work fine and there are also computers with pentium m that already come with windows xp from the factory for example dell latitude D610

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    mario2313, Mar 14, 2023
  4. legacyfan

TMTGTR

I have that laptop. It works fine with XP. The only issue is the power button daughter board. It was a known and acknowledged issue. I "fixed it" once but it went bad again. Requires a TINY re-solder. I did it by coiling some copper bell wire around the conical solder head. Gotta try again...
    Uh, but yest the CPU handles XP.

TMTGTR, Mar 14, 2023
Ask a Question