Windows xp on new hardware

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by mario2313, Mar 3, 2023.

1. mario2313

mario2313

Hi
    Im triying to install windows xp on haswell hardware and i have a problem
    The wirelles conection(intel wirreles ac 3160) cannot install on windows xp
    I have tried to modify them but I get an error (code 39)
    here are the modded drivers
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SquXfFK4o5mT1dvQW56fOnJcUNsdRwHi/view?usp=sharing
    the processor is a intel core i5 4210m
    the pc is a toshiba portege r30
    In windows 10 its work properly
    sorry with my bad english

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    mario2313, Mar 3, 2023
  2. mario2313

cleverscreenname

q1. Yes, VMware includes it's own drivers for most guest OS's and will 1-click install them for you. Most other virtualization software will do that, as well. The last VMware that you can install on a windows XP HOST is 10.0.7 (but you can install an XP GUEST on literally anything)

q2. website driverpack.io I have never seen a piece of hardware that it didn't find and install a driver for, and I'm talking hundreds of cards. and it's all automatic more or less, after you download the packs and run them.

q3. there's no question here lol, I'm glad microsoft gave us the XP mode in win7, but I've never used it. I've used to VMware, so that's what I always use on all computers.

q4. Oh yeah, that dual-core Dell is overkill power to run Windows XP. Remember, XP minimum requirements are something like a meesly Pentium 200mhz (0.2ghz), and 64mb (0.06gb) of memory (RAM) but you really want 128mb haha.

cleverscreenname, Nov 27, 2023
Ask a Question