windows xp on ivybridge/sandybridge based cpus?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by legacyfan, Dec 19, 2022.

1. legacyfan

legacyfan

will windows XP run good on any of these? I'm planning on updating my cpu In an old fujitsu lifebook s710 to a pentium 6100. 1st generation cpu and i've been doing lots of research on this and can't find anything about It so my question Is will It run on It? If anyone could please help with this It would be much appreciated https://www.ebay.com/itm/224345849948?c ... ae2f5a90fa also here is the cpu on eBay for reference

legacyfan, Dec 19, 2022
  2. legacyfan

tekkaman

XP doesn't mind the CPU too much. I did a similar upgrade to my old Gateway laptop from 2009. The thing you have to check is if the laptop itself is compatible with the CPU. You can do that by searching the cpus that were compatible with the laptop's chipset at launch. And you have to check the watts. The more watts = more heat. You could also consider if the bios have updates. Sometimes that adds more cpu compatibility

tekkaman, Dec 19, 2022
  3. legacyfan

Madeleine Takam

Well I am running XP on an old SandyBridge LGA 2011 dual CPU Xeon system. So the answer is probably no problem at all.

Madeleine Takam, Dec 20, 2022
Ask a Question