Windows XP no sound

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by leyland1195, Jan 30, 2020.

1. leyland1195

leyland1195

Hi

Today i installed Geforce drivers which comes with the sound and application drivers etc,

As you may know GTX 960 was the last supported Geforce GPU so i installed the GTX 960 drivers even though i have a GTX 980 4GB and when installing it included the Audio drivers etc, So i re started my pc and when i go to playback It says "no playback devices". as i can clearly see that Geforce HD Audio is installed on the device manager, I have tried installed Reatek too but it still says No playback devices, Wondering if anybody knows why or how i can fix this?

I have my pc connected via HDMI cable from the GPU.

Pc Specs:

FX8320 CPU
    8GB Ram
    GTX 980 4GB GPU

Kind regards

Raymond

leyland1195, Jan 30, 2020
  2. leyland1195

jim davis

Hi Raymond
    My real name is Mr Pig, and I welcome you to our zoo, of which i am the only real animal but the name still apply s,

Elizabeth who even knows the wizard of OZ, seems to have at last been stumped
    and not addressed your issue.

1. Delete and unplug everything and start over, if you already did that
    sorry i even brought it up :(

2. Make sure a guinea pig has not chewed the cords. :eek::eek::eek:

3 go here to this link they seem to have a conversation going on this and again welcome :):):):)

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...rds/5/182632/gtx-980-lost-sound-through-hdmi/

jim davis, Mar 26, 2020
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
Ask a Question