Windows XP Gold Edition

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Computer semi-expert, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Computer semi-expert

Computer semi-expert

I have seen screenshots of an XP version called Windows XP Gold Edition 2016. Anyone know anything more about it?

Computer semi-expert, Mar 16, 2019
    esc likes this.
  2. Computer semi-expert

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Computer semi-expert

ClippyBeer

That's a hacked warez version of Windows XP - they were very popular back when SP2 was first released. I downloaded a 'Black' edition years ago. It came with various pre-installed software, updates, patches, themes etc. Most were also WGA hacked which means they were permanently activated. They were a novelty because some things wouldn't work right or were missing. In the end I wiped it and installed the retail copy and did my own mods and tweaks. Probably the reason those 'Gold' or 'Black' editions aren't popular with current Windows warez forums.

ClippyBeer, Mar 18, 2019
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  4. Computer semi-expert

cmccaff1

What ClippyBeer said...I couldn't put it any better.

The best way to do it is to install the retail copy, make sure it's properly activated, and install the drivers/programs & apply tweaks. However, there is ONE unofficial version I do recommend, and it's the 'Integral Edition' (which gets updated each month and got its most recent update on March 16). VERY impressive in terms of everything that comes with the ISO/customized files.

I also loved the old 'Performance Edition' (which got its final update in November 2010 and still works a treat on virtually every PC I've tried installing it on). In general, most unofficial versions of XP are garbage...only the 'Integral' and 'Performance' editions have worked well for me.

cmccaff1, Mar 26, 2019
  5. Computer semi-expert

esc

no way. wow ! windows xp integral edition ? wow

esc, Mar 27, 2019
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  6. Computer semi-expert

cmccaff1

No fooling! If you want, feel free to try it, but you do so at your own discretion--make sure you've got your drivers/programs all accounted for before you do a fresh installation!

cmccaff1, Mar 28, 2019
Ask a Question