Windows XP Gold Edition

That's a hacked warez version of Windows XP - they were very popular back when SP2 was first released. I downloaded a 'Black' edition years ago. It came with various pre-installed software, updates, patches, themes etc. Most were also WGA hacked which means they were permanently activated. They were a novelty because some things wouldn't work right or were missing. In the end I wiped it and installed the retail copy and did my own mods and tweaks. Probably the reason those 'Gold' or 'Black' editions aren't popular with current Windows warez forums.

What ClippyBeer said...I couldn't put it any better.

The best way to do it is to install the retail copy, make sure it's properly activated, and install the drivers/programs & apply tweaks. However, there is ONE unofficial version I do recommend, and it's the 'Integral Edition' (which gets updated each month and got its most recent update on March 16). VERY impressive in terms of everything that comes with the ISO/customized files.

I also loved the old 'Performance Edition' (which got its final update in November 2010 and still works a treat on virtually every PC I've tried installing it on). In general, most unofficial versions of XP are garbage...only the 'Integral' and 'Performance' editions have worked well for me.

No fooling! If you want, feel free to try it, but you do so at your own discretion--make sure you've got your drivers/programs all accounted for before you do a fresh installation!

Back