Windows XP freezing a few seconds after startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by XTENDEDSTRUCTURES, May 22, 2020.

1. XTENDEDSTRUCTURES

XTENDEDSTRUCTURES

Hello, I have windows xp on a computer ruining windows xp home and a little while after starting up (3 seconds to 10 seconds) the computer it will freeze and will be unresponsive, it also does the same when I start it in safe mode. The computer is not connected to the internet, and I do not know if this helps but when it first started freezing there was a notification that the antivirus installed was uninstalled and the firewall disabled.

Edit: It freezes after starting up so after it reaches the home screen not during startup if that makes a difference

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    XTENDEDSTRUCTURES, May 22, 2020
  2. XTENDEDSTRUCTURES

Elizabeth23

freezing on startup is generally from something just installed, either a driver or program, if you have a boot disk then you can boot to it and remove the program from the c: drive. Or you might have to take the drive out and connect it via usb to a different pc to get in and uninstall the program/driver.

Elizabeth23, May 22, 2020
Ask a Question