Windows XP Disc Labeled as "For Refurbished PCs"

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by dreamkaster97, Aug 20, 2015.

1. dreamkaster97

dreamkaster97

Hey everybody, I'm new to these forums, but I had a question about dual-booting Windows 7 and Windows XP. My question is, I ordered a brand new Windows XP Professional SP3 installation disk from eBay, but I saw on the case and disc that it was labeled as "For Refurbished PCs." Do I have the correct version of disc? What are the true differences, if any, between one with this label and one without this label? I just want to make sure I have the right materials to perform this dual-boot correctly so that way I don't screw my laptop up. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

dreamkaster97, Aug 20, 2015
  2. dreamkaster97

dreamkaster97

Sorry for the double-post, but I forgot to ask this question in my first post. Can I still perform a new, full installation of Windows XP on a dual-boot with Windows 7 even though the XP case and disc labels the OS as "For Refurbished PCs?" Thanks. :)

dreamkaster97, Aug 20, 2015
  3. dreamkaster97

metastasis69

IMO I don't see any differences in that version of Windows XP.I think this is to distinguish that xp is build for lower specifications machine.

metastasis69, Sep 4, 2015
Ask a Question