Windows XP Desktop Search not maximized

Discussion in 'Windows XP Customization' started by Rudy Lewis, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Rudy Lewis

Rudy Lewis

How can I start Windows XP Desktop Search maximized?

Rudy Lewis, Jun 20, 2018
  2. Rudy Lewis

Elizabeth23

I just spent a lot of time trying to find out how but it can only work if there is a shortcut on the desktop and then you can right click the shortcut and choose a maximized window, but I cannot find a .exe to create a shortcut, will keep looking.

Elizabeth23, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Rudy Lewis

Elizabeth23

reply2:

it appears to run under explorer.exe and if I create a shortcut and then right click and choose maximize, it will always open up with My Documents, and then of course you could choose search, but it seems easier to just hit maximize button when you open search. :)

Elizabeth23, Jun 20, 2018
  4. Rudy Lewis

Rudy Lewis

As usual, I have found the answer myself. Quite simple really; you keep it maximized the way you would any other window of most or all programs. After a program opens (not maximized),move the window to a corner and grasp the opposite corner and drag it all the way down to the opposite corner of the screen filling up the entire monitor screen. Go to the File tab and while holding down the Ctrl key, click on Close or Exit. As stated, this will work with most or all programs. I say most because I obviously do not have all programs on my computer; however, I believe this to work with all Windows OS. I have used Linux, but I can not remember if I used this method with that OS.

Rudy Lewis, Jun 21, 2018
  5. Rudy Lewis

Elizabeth23

well, I am happy you found a solution to your issue, :)

Elizabeth23, Jun 22, 2018
Ask a Question