Windows XP Crazy Error

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Windows, May 20, 2014.

1. Windows

Windows

2. Windows

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Hello Windows from Aunty Jack in Australia,

I watched the YouTube clip. What a mess you seem to have. XP boot is looking for things no longer there. Don't rely on any advice I give, but.

No. 1 - check which Services are set to disabled. If in doubt, set them to manual start.

No. 2 - your Registry seems totally, "facakta" (damaged). The XP OS is looking for things in the Registry that have been damaged or deleted manually or by a virus/trojan/.worm.

No. 3 - if you can, find as freeware, Bluesprig Jetclean. Ccleaner. Wise Disk Repair. Wise Registry Repair. HardDrive Powerwash.

No. 4 - if none of these work to fix the boot problem I hope you have your original legal XP install CD. You may then try the Repair option or do a fresh install and start all over again.

Cheers from Aunty Jack.

Aunty Jack, Sep 2, 2014
  3. Windows

Elizabeth23

@Aunty Jack, just a side note but the repair option of xp cannot be done unless the cd is at the same service pack as the installation, you can do a repair with a cd2 disk on a sp3 pc, but then you will have to spend a lot of time reinstalling programs and or parts of the os that do not work correctly.

it is better to slipstream a cd with sp3 and then do a repair option if desired.

:)

Elizabeth23, Sep 2, 2014
  4. Windows

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Feb 17, 2016
Ask a Question