Windows 7 most used Windows edition, followed by 10 and XP

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by towgers, May 3, 2017.

1. towgers

towgers

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

Windows 7 is the most used, 10 comes in next, xp is third, although its fallen a little.

[​IMG]

Seems that embarrassment that is Windows 8/8.1 is slowly being eradicated. 10 is pretty bad too, but at very least 10 tried to return to the original windows traditional interface with a start menu, start button and task bar. 8 was a pile of trash clearly meant for tablets.

towgers, May 3, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. towgers

Jody Thornton

Actually, tweaked to it's maximum, Windows 8 RTM is a fine OS (more stable than 7). I rid of the Metro-esque stuff (and all of the app packages), installed Classic Shell, and use Server 2012 updates to patch the OS. Besides, I have no CPU limitations like 7 or 8.1, nor do I have any telemetry.

So no, Windows 8, after some tweaking is far from a pile of trash. That's like saying Vista is trash without trying SP2 of the x64 bulld. Also a good system.

Here is my Windows 8 desktop.

Attached Files:

Jody Thornton, May 3, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. towgers

Skeleton11223

I honestly think 8/8.1 is amazing once you add third party themes and the start menu with classic shell, it's almost as good as 7, however, themes have limits, for example: windows xp themes will not have the proper minimize, though it's not as bad as 10 where most elements aren't even themeable.

Skeleton11223, May 6, 2017
  4. towgers

priscus

I still have an unused copy of W8 Pro around. Do M$ still honour the free upgrade to 8.1?

Hurting for free time. Don't have three years to spend tweaking it, hopefully following where others have already pioneered the way, it can now be done more expeditiously.

priscus, May 6, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question