Windows 10 to Windows XP on a New Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Thomas Schnake, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Thomas Schnake

Thomas Schnake

I purchased a laptop last year in March and it came with Windows 10. I purchased a new Windows XP disc online recently and I cant figure out how to install it. I tried going through the BIOS and it didn't work. The installation disc wont allow me to install it because the option will not highlight. Does anyone have any insight on how to install XP on my computer. If I need to get rid of Windows 10, that's fine, whatever it takes. Thank you in advance.

Thomas Schnake, Apr 24, 2017
  2. Thomas Schnake

Elizabeth23

First, you probably have a sata drive on your new pc and xp will not install without sata controllers on a sata drive

second, you will probably not be able to find drivers for xp on a newer pc, you should check with the manufacturer first to see if drivers are available.

Elizabeth23, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Thomas Schnake

Thomas Schnake

Where would I find the controllers? And also I was told by hp that the drivers are in the new windows xp disc I purchased. I'm really in the dark and am unsure of what to do here.

Thomas Schnake, Apr 24, 2017
  4. Thomas Schnake

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Apr 24, 2017
  5. Thomas Schnake

xbliss

Post the specific Brand and models you'll likely get better specific help.

xbliss, Apr 25, 2017
Ask a Question