win 10

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by red, Sep 25, 2021.

1. red

red Guest

been trying to stop the latest updates from win10,found it ni on impossible, then a few moments ago i came across a policy change in gpedit.msc, all you have to do is disable it ( click on win update) the new win 10 wont work on this old dell but i aint bothered , another little help duck duck go ( win 10 dont like this no tracking) :) add on to google and done,not found anything that wont work yet
    long live xp :)

red, Sep 25, 2021
  2. red

ClippyBeer

I have a Dell Zino HD 400 with 3 GB DDR2 RAM from 2009 - it runs Windows 10 just fine. Not stock Windows 10, but Ghost Spectre Ultralite edition with all the bloat removed and updates paused until 2029. You don't have to disable updates altogether if you don't want to if you use WUA Manager. Automatic updates are a pain and with Windows 10 it's almost as if Microsoft is trying to force them on you. WUA Manager works like older Windows Update where it checks for updates and then shows you a list and lets you choose which to install.

ClippyBeer, Sep 26, 2021
    red likes this.
  3. red

red Guest

lol mines a put together but based around old optiplex 760 put 10 on it when it first came out and has been fine but the new update win 11 not good, every night it installs then fails , so used the trick above worked straight away have xp as duel boot, thanks for the link though will give it a go
    long live xp:)

red, Sep 26, 2021
  4. red

red Guest

ty clippy works a treat :)

red, Sep 26, 2021
  5. red

red Guest

do you have a link for this Ghost Spectre Ultralite edition and if so is it 32 bit?

red, Sep 26, 2021
  6. red

ClippyBeer

Sorry man Ghost Spectre is 64 bit only.

Here is their homepage:

http://ghostspectre.the-ninja.jp/20H2.X64.html

I had trouble downloading it from there. Fortunately, I found another site that has working download links and that's where I got it from:

https://tech-latest.com/ghost-spectre-windows-10-superlite-version/
    I chose the 21H1 (2009) (Stable Release). One of the things I like about Ghost Spectre is it comes with Aomei Partition assistant so you can prepare your HD prior to installation.

[​IMG]

It has 4 options for installation:

[​IMG]

Win10 Pro Compact - Bloat removed, standard Win10 Start Menu, NO WINDOWS DEFENDER
    Win10 Pro Compact + DEF - same as above but includes WINDOWS DEFENDER
    Win10Pro SuperLite - no Win10 Start menu, replaced by StartIsBack, NO WINDOWS DEFENDER
    Win10Pro SuperLite + DEF - same as above but includes WINDOWS DEFENDER.

I installed Win10Pro SuperLite since I don't need any AV and never cared for the Windows 10 Start Menu. I also wasn't too keen on the included StartIsBack so I uninstalled it and replaced it with OpenShell.

After install use Ghost Toolbox to install Windows Store. I installed MS OFFICE 2019, works perfectly. Give it a try, highly recommended. Make sure you image your HD!

ClippyBeer, Sep 27, 2021
  7. red

red Guest

ty for link got it put on dell lap top but there is no key to activate it ? any idea where to find 1
    cheers phill

red, Sep 27, 2021
  8. red

red Guest

update
    installed 64 bit win 10 pro works ok , now registered even better, :) even got dell support assist running, not had that before so all drivers are win 10 even a new bios update a11 installed working fine, so now have a fully updates win 10 dell inspiron n511n , well happy saved throwing it away now the grand kids have something to brake:)
    thanks for the links now have saved on disk :)

red, Sep 27, 2021
  9. red

ClippyBeer

Glad you're sorted - Since it's for the kids you should definitely image the drive once you've got everything setup for them. They will definitely end up downloading and installing something that will break Windows (I know from experience) and restoring an image is much easier and quicker than re-installing Windows 10. Despite all the bloat Windows 10 has the best driver support than previous versions.

Just curious - which version did you install?
    Win10 Pro Compact
    Win10 Pro Compact + DEF
    Win10Pro SuperLite
    Win10Pro SuperLite + DEF

I chose SuperLite without Defender.

ClippyBeer, Sep 28, 2021
  10. red

red Guest

win 10 compact , then used reg hack to activate it. wua to update it (nothing like it was when installed) new drivers just been installed,its a real shame that there was no update for old dells , saying that though just got dell support installed and now running like brand new laptop, 500 gb hdd sata ,4 gb ram though only 3 showing, over all a fine laptop now :) thanks for the help wold have been binned or parted out
    and have a 32 bit version from same site going to try it out when i have the time

red, Sep 28, 2021
  11. red

red Guest

update
    1 of ram sticks were knackered,replaced now 4 gb showing,
    long lve xp :)

red, Sep 29, 2021
  12. red

cornemuse

how does one go about dolng this?

I have an older desktop with 10 installed, can I use that reg/activate # ?

When 10 first came out, I d/l'ed a 'free' version, installed it on a laptop with a *new-empty* hdd. I never had to register/activate this one.

cornemuse, Sep 29, 2021
  13. red

red Guest

reg hack the only thing you need it the code you used to install win 10 with
    1 open command prompt right click run as admin
    2 in command type slmgr /ipk (then your install number) enter the - between numbers and hit enter
    once hit enter prompt will say installed product key
    now type slmgr / skms kms8.msguides.com hit enter
    will get another prompt set to msguides
    now type slmgr /ato hit enter enjoy

now close command window
    takes a few secs to do
    https://readtake.com/how-to-activate-windows-10-for-free-permanently/ not tried this as the other works for me

some win 10 codes for you if you dont have 1

Home: TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Home N: 3KHY7-WNT83-DGQKR-F7HPR-844BM
    Home Single Language: 7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH
    Home Country Specific: PVMJN-6DFY6-9CCP6-7BKTT-D3WVR
    Professional: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    Professional N: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
    Education: NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2
    Education N: 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
    Enterprise: NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
    Enterprise N: DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4

5th 1 down is the normal one used to install with

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2021
    red, Sep 30, 2021
  14. red

cornemuse

Danke!

cornemuse, Oct 1, 2021
  15. red

red Guest

just been on another xp forum site for win 10 and it seems that the new update is causing alot of problems for people, Microsoft never learn,messing with os always back fires in the end

red, Oct 2, 2021
  16. red

ClippyBeer

That happens a lot with Windows 10. My Windows 10 PC runs perfectly, no issues whatsoever. Why? Because I disabled Windows Update altogether. Why do I need to have the latest drivers if the ones I have now are working fine? Security updates? That's for people who mindlessly click on every link sent their way.

ClippyBeer, Oct 3, 2021
Ask a Question