Wifi driver for Broadcom card

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Teodor91, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Teodor91

Teodor91

Hello everyone! I'm glad that I found this forum and happy to see that people are still using XP for old school gaming and for other purpose. I'm in need of a driver for my Wireless Network card. I tried for few hours browsing Google and tried several drivers but without any luck. I also tried using 3rd party software like IObit Driver Booster and still without any luck.
    Thanks in advance!

Hardware IDs for my wifi card:

Code:
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_00151028&REV_01
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_00151028
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_028000
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_0280

Teodor91, Dec 5, 2021
    Samir likes this.
  2. Teodor91

red Guest

make model system there are plenty about :)

red, Dec 5, 2021
    Samir likes this.
  3. Teodor91

red Guest

red, Dec 5, 2021
    Samir likes this.
  4. Teodor91

Teodor91

Sorry mate. The driver you gave me the link for it's not compatible with Windows XP.
    I have a Dell E6400 laptop, but the wi-fi card has been replaced and it's not the original one. That's all the details I have.

Teodor91, Jan 18, 2022
    Samir likes this.
  5. Teodor91

Mr Siamese Cat

Hi Teodor

I put a price on my time and effort. I should imagine you do to.

You have clearly stated that the driver card has been replaced at some point, therefore - - -

I suggest you watch the video below:

After that download the drivers that are for XP for your E6400 below.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-uk/product-support/product/latitude-e6400/drivers

Then go and purchase te correct wireless card from ebay. I would be shocked if it was more than £10 including postage.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Mr Siamese Cat, Jan 18, 2022
  6. Teodor91

Teodor91

If I can't find a solution soon, definately I'll swap the wi-fi card with a different one. I just want to do a quick update; I booted up a live sesion of Linux Mint and the wifi card gets discovered as BCM43142 802.11b/g/n (Wireless 1704 802.11n + BT 4.0). I'll attach a photo below.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Teodor91, Jan 18, 2022
    Samir likes this.
  7. Teodor91

ClippyBeer

Before you replace your WIFI card try Snappy Driver Installer.

https://sdi-tool.org/

I've never used IOBit but Snappy was able to install a working sound driver on a Gateway laptop that came with Vista and had no XP drivers on their website. It installed the Conexant HD Audio 221 drivers for XP. It was trial and error, the first driver it installed didn't work so I tried the second one on the list.

You should enter the service tag into Dell's website to determine the correct WIFI card for your laptop because Dell has several WIFI driver downloads for the E6400. I would also recommend registering on Dell's website and asking what other WIFI cards are compatible with your model that work with Windows XP.

If you don't mind spending a little more money for a good USB adapter I recommend the ASUS USB AC53 dual band adapter.

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking-IoT-Servers/Adapters/All-series/USB-AC53-Nano/

It is truly plug and play, even with Windows XP SP3.

[​IMG]

Here it in plugged into my Compaq V2000 laptop - I disabled the built-in WIFI b/g and can now connect to WIFI 5 networks (802.11 AC) on 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
    [​IMG]

The adapter is very small and can be left plugged in even in your laptop bag.

I prefer the USB route because I can use this adapter with all of my computers, no driver downloads required.

ClippyBeer, Jan 19, 2022
    we3fan and priscus like this.
  8. Teodor91

Samir

Samir, Feb 6, 2022
Ask a Question