Why Windows XP is the most beautiful OS MSFT ever designed

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by eatup, May 22, 2015.

1. eatup

eatup

I currently have two laptops. The new one is backlit by LED with a screen resolution of 1366 x 786 matte. I'll have to admit, XP looks like meh on this one. W7 looks sort of beautiful on it, sort of...

Then, there is the other laptop that is backlit by CCFL with a screen resolution of 1440 x 900 matte. This is the ideal screen PPI that really lets XP shine. XP puts W7 to shame on it.

Most people take W7's Aero to be the prettiest thing they've ever seen. They are wrong b/c they've never witnessed XP at 1440x900 in 14" of screen real estate. This is the ideal environment to enjoy XP's beauty and I'm lovin every minute of it. Too high or low density PPI and it sort of warps XP's prettiness in favor of W7...

eatup, May 22, 2015
    cleverscreenname and stvpls like this.
  2. eatup

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Hello Eatup,

Agree, XP can look fairly, dated on different hardware and quite stunning on others.
    Two monitors here, a HP 21 inch backlit plasma for Win 7 and a Benq 19 inch LCD for my setup and various OS's. I run the Benq at 1900 x 400 32 bit colour and it can show XP as a very good desktop indeed. Aero, yes pretty but is it really "eye candy".

My favourite is actually (gag, choke) Vista. Great GUI and flexible to the max.
    I play with desktop's and change desktops probably every week depending on the mood. Same for Icons, no need to stay with stock icons if one does not want to. My Administrator pic is Hagar the Horrible, not hard to change them.

But, any good OS needs a good graphics card to show the best. On my "muck about caseless PC" I have a Radeon HD 6450 1 Gb (with the driver install CD). Makes a huge difference.

Displays, desktops, icons and all are a matter of choice for each person. What I like might look like merde to another.

Cheers,

Aunty Jack.

ps: latest project is to construct "caseless" Mk 2. Mk 1 was a try and it works and is very compact. 12 inch long by 8 inch wide by 9 inch high with all components mounted and room and power and IDE connect for a second hard disk. Now to refine the design and mount all on a perspex base and upright for the motherboard. This is off the topic of this thread but, !! ?. :)

Aunty Jack, May 24, 2015
  3. eatup

bojankis

Because it has simple interface!

bojankis, Oct 26, 2020
  4. eatup

stvpls

windows xp always looks awesome on proper and period correct hardware (hardware that came from the factory with xp)

stvpls, Nov 9, 2020
  5. eatup

bojankis

upload_2020-11-14_9-15-41.png
    one can just dream about this simplicity, without no tracking and no commertials!

bojankis, Nov 14, 2020
  6. eatup

bojankis

plus, there are incredibly few threads,which are making pc fastest!
    upload_2020-11-14_9-17-55.png

bojankis, Nov 14, 2020
    stvpls likes this.
  7. eatup

stvpls

unlike windows 10 wich is full of crap running in the background, xp the best

stvpls, Nov 15, 2020
    cleverscreenname and bojankis like this.
Ask a Question