Why Windows 10 is garbage.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Skeleton11223, Oct 7, 2016.

1. I have many reasons why it sucks so here you go. It removes a bunch of the customization you get a horrible selection of colors you cant even make your own it ruined third party themes by making everything unchangeable you only get 2 actual themes the default and the aero lite which literally only changes the titlebar buttons while on older windows versions you had many themes such as classic aero windows 7 basic luna theme,royale and so on (and the worst part is you get an extremely ugly thene in win10). Its extremely buggy many people that installed windows 10 or updates have had their pcs bricked this is not acceptable. Its harder to repair. So on any windows version you could pres f8 for aafe boot but on windows 10 you need to actually bootup your pc to get into safe boot so jf you cant boot up you cant access safe mode it defeats the purpose of it. Its harder to use. In windows 7 I could easily search in the start menu and instantly find what im looking for but windows 10 had a redesigned start menu which is much more confusing it made it harder to use rather than easier and the cortana search is just awful when I search for my programs I can never find them I just get bad internet results and why are there two cknrtol panels? I had to continuously switch between settings and control panel to do what I want its frustrating and a bunch of the control panel lonks redirect to settings what is the point? You cant disable updates. So basically you cant disable these updates that screw up your pc isnt that great?
    It added absolutely nothing useful all it did was make your pc uglier and harder to use whats the point of upgrading it if you can barely do what you want?

Skeleton11223, Oct 7, 2016
  2. Skeleton11223

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    I have many reasons why it sucks so here you go. It removes a bunch of the customization you get a horrible selection of colors you cant even make your own it ruined third party themes by making everything unchangeable you only get 2 actual themes the default and the aero lite which literally only changes the titlebar buttons while on older windows versions you had many themes such as classic aero windows 7 basic luna theme,royale and so on (and the worst part is you get an extremely ugly thene in win10). Its extremely buggy many people that installed windows 10 or updates have had their pcs bricked this is not acceptable. Its harder to repair. So on any windows version you could pres f8 for aafe boot but on windows 10 you need to actually bootup your pc to get into safe boot so jf you cant boot up you cant access safe mode it defeats the purpose of it. Its harder to use. In windows 7 I could easily search in the start menu and instantly find what im looking for but windows 10 had a redesigned start menu which is much more confusing it made it harder to use rather than easier and the cortana search is just awful when I search for my programs I can never find them I just get bad internet results and why are there two cknrtol panels? I had to continuously switch between settings and control panel to do what I want its frustrating and a bunch of the control panel lonks redirect to settings what is the point? You cant disable updates. So basically you cant disable these updates that screw up your pc isnt that great?
    It added absolutely nothing useful all it did was make your pc uglier and harder to use whats the point of upgrading it if you can barely do what you want?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer:- I neither like nor seriously dislike Windows 10. I do not use Windows 10 on the PC I use because of compatibility issues with some high end flight simulator programs and aviation related software. If these issues were not the case I would be using Windows 10. Our second PC does have Windows 10 as it's OS and has never given a problem with updates or other accessability of files issue.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have not been active on XP Forums for quite some time and usually let comments etc slide on by. In this instance however I will stand on my little soap box and give my opinion for what it is worth.

Look and Feel. The first six lines of the post deal with the cosmetic aspects of Windows 10. How something looks, good, bad, or just ho hum is very much in the eye of the beholder. There are many good skin packs and theme packs which will give Windows 10 a more traditional look and feel.

Safe Mode. Does it matter so much how Safe Menu is enabled. The code/kernel of Windows 10 is a universe away from that in XP. Faster boot time for one. My opinion is, does it matter.
    Start Menu. A very vexing area which falls part way under cosmetic and part way under usability. I can agree that the latest Start Menu which came with the Anniversary upgrade does miss the mark in some areas. The simplicity of the XP to Windows 7 Start Menu (leaving out Windows 8 but not Windows 8.1) is certainly missing.

Cortana. Before Windows 10 we never had Cortana or anything like it unless we used a Mac and Siri. Yes, I agree that Cortana is not to the liking of everyone. Not exactly full Artificial Intelligence and still very much tied to the phraselogy and perameters of the text or speech input as search criteria. I think you may see my point here.

Learning Curve. As with any new OS or version upgrade of an OS there is a learning curve. Time taken to learn the features, both good and just so so of an OS will allow the user to build a familiarity and a way of working which suits the individual user. Any OS is not like Ceasar, "all things to all men". Since the times of Charles Babbage and Alan Turing we have been on a learning curve with things OS related. The learning curves from CP/M to DOS. From DOS to Windows. From Windows to UNIX, from UNIX to LINUX. From COBOL to C++ and so on. An OS of itself does not instinctively know or understand the way the user operates or what the user's requirements are.

Enhancements to Windows 10. With eighteen months passing since Windows 10 was introduced there are many effective programs, tweaks, privacy tools, cosmetic, and add-ons available to customise Windows 10 to what the individual user may want from an OS. I have no affiliation with the MajorGeeks site but will recommend the site as an excellent source of enhancements and other changes a user may wish to make.

Windows 10 capabilities. Take the time to research and study the many comparisons published regarding speed, capability, and other aspects of The Windows family of OS's and Windows 10. The principle here is study and learn.

Allegory.
    In some ways having a new OS is like working on and building an engine for a specific purpose. Do I build a build a small capacity Subaru flat 4 for daily use or do I build it for use on a drag strip. Do I go with turbo-chraging, super chargeing, or natural aspiration. Stock internals or aftermarket forged steel crankshaft and rods. Cam grind and timing. Standard ECU chip or radical. In all the question is, what do I want the engine to do. The same applies with an OS.

Aunty Jack.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Aunty Jack, Dec 9, 2016
  3. Skeleton11223

eatup

As you're all aware, I decided to go mobile a few months back by purchasing a tablet with dual Win8.1/Android OS on it, which unfortunately arrived with Win10 instead. I've used the Win10 partition offline until now. Wifi connects to router via guest account password (never let Windows 10 have the real one!). And I'm looking to defeat Windows Automatic Updates with this cmd script which runs in the background and loops every 5 minutes, b/c Windows will try to sneakily re-enable the services at some point, which hopefully the script will pick up on and terminate it within 5 minutes:

:start
    sc stop "BITS"
    sc config "BITS" start=disabled
    sc stop "wuauserv"
    sc config "wuauserv" start=disabled
    timeout 3000
    goto start

P.S. copying pasting texts and images on a tablet is a pain in the arse. I may or may not choose to update my other threads at my discretion...

P.S. #2 Windows 10=blows! Using 5W max of electricity to accomplish the same tasks as a 65W laptop or 400W desktop is pure genius!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    eatup, Dec 19, 2016
Ask a Question