Why I'm still on XP and refuse to move on...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by eatup, Jan 17, 2016.

1. eatup

eatup

Two words: .NET Framework

It's so sloppily coded, I'm forced to use XP to resolve performance issues. And before anyone asks, no the issues will not go away if I recompile the code natively (using .NET native) or buy a faster computer. I've tried both, and performance still stank on Win7/8.1...

There's just something about XP's uber efficient code handling of .NET Framework apps.

Btw, this rant is very valid b/c if you take FireFox 40+, it runs just as fast on Win7 as on XP. MSFT's forte was never in coding efficiency as is evident by the bloat each successive Windows version receives.

eatup, Jan 17, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. eatup

Cammygirl192

I absolutely love the way people complain about Vista being a resource hog, when the reality is that Vista SP2 is faster than 7 SP1.

Windows XP however has always been light and I have never had any 'slowness' issues with it, which is always a good thing - although I do not use XP anymore, I have never had many issues to it, as stated.

The problem that started with Microsoft later on in time is never good.

Cammygirl192, Mar 7, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question