why do I have to reboot to get system to recognise CD drive ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by ttodd0450, Oct 26, 2014.

1. ttodd0450

ttodd0450

Have a situation with my windows XP where after a day or so I have to reboot/ Restart the XP windows .. this is in order for both of my CD drives ( dvdrom) to 'see' a disc that is manualy inserted .. doesn't matter if it is a data / video or music disc .. any type of disc the dvdrom(s) will not see..
    I have tried to update drivers says updates are current .. uninstalled -reinstalled same scenario after a couple days .. once the system has been rebooted I have no problem in seeing DVD / blueray / MP3 data etc etc ..

Now I know that refreshing a windows system is goodthing but every day? I used to (over the years) only had to reboot maybe once every 5 days .....
    My virus program is AVG2014 .,and web borwser is Google Chrome 39.0.2171.36 beta-m
    my setup is:
    Windows XP Professional SP3/ 4 GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card/2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core.

This Has to be a loaded program or registy problem ...

Ideas ???

ttodd0450, Oct 26, 2014
  2. ttodd0450

Jojo

Found this, you might try.

Or you could simply get a newer and better Virus checker

Jojo, Oct 26, 2014
Ask a Question