What is the best Windows XP netbook or small laptop?

I'm wanting a cheap, small (12in or smaller) laptop that I can get used with a u series or better Core i* part. I'm guessing max is Broadwell for USB until the ReactOS driver gets finished. I have seen no proof for or against Broadwell iGPUs working under XP, but generic drivers would be fine for me. I don't think anything else would be an issue here.

So far this is the list:
Thinkpad X230
Expensive compared to the other offerings, but should be the easiest to get working.

Elitebook 2570p
Has a DVD drive on top of being cheaper than X230. IDT audio sucks under XP, but I don't need audio for my use case.

Dell Latitude E7240/E7250
Haswell and Broadwell u series 12in laptops. I know less about these, cheaper than Thinkpad and newer.

Other laptops I've considered:
2nd gen and older variants
Not really worth it since they cost mostly the same as their 3rd gen counterparts.

Thinkpad X131e
Mostly the same footprint as the X230 for some reason, smaller screen, not worth it.

Dell Latitude E6230
Removed from the list as it doesn't bring anything (for me) over the other options.

I can't seem to find anything else cheap that is comparable or smaller. Does anyone know of anything else I could look at and add to the list?

I've also gotten a E7250 and 2570p with time.

The E7250 always gives an ACPI BSOD even with the modded ACPI drivers.

The 2570p has a funny BIOS. For example I can get USB 3 with modded drivers to work just fine on X230, but I always get a code 12 on the 2570p and I have no idea how to fix. I also can't disable basic stuff like USB 3, TPM, other "security" devices that the X230 gives me options to disable, etc.

Back