what have i done

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by tbone0327, Feb 24, 2013.

1. tbone0327

tbone0327

i have a lenovo s10e netbook so obviously i cant use a recovery disk to fix this mess. a couple days ago i was transferring some files from this thing to my external hard drive and since then ive lost a lot of abilities that are normally basic. i cant use defrag or install any new applications at all. on top of that i cant even move any files anywhere on my the hard drive or even to the external drive. what could i have done to cause this problem and how do i go about fixing it?

tbone0327, Feb 24, 2013
  2. tbone0327

Elizabeth23

http://www.harpethhall.org/ftpimages/146/download/Lenovo IdeaPad S10e User Guide.pdf

page 47 of your users manual, did you properly connect and disconnect your external drive?

please read this page, it is pdf so install adobe or foxit reader if you do not have it.

on page 60, it says there is a recovery program loaded in the hdd, look in your setup menu for a restore partition.

read through the diagnosing section also.

Elizabeth23, Feb 24, 2013
  3. tbone0327

tbone0327

i tried restoring but it wont completely initialize. part of the way through the process is stops and gives a restore failed message. as far as the hard drive i havent taken it out since i got it about a year ago. im wondering if the hdd is damaged after hearing you say something about hdd installation being wrong

tbone0327, Feb 24, 2013
  4. tbone0327

Elizabeth23

I was talking about the external harddrive.

the manual has a section to call lenevo for help, please try there.

You can find support information for your Lenovo computer at http://www.lenovo.com/support. Research this Web site to learn how to solve problems, find new ways to use your computer, and learn about options that can make working with your Lenovo computer even easier

Elizabeth23, Feb 24, 2013
Ask a Question