WGA & BartPE

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Samwise, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Samwise

Samwise

Use BartPE to rid WGA?

Is BartPE the best live CD for troubleshooting Windows XP?

I want to know, because I have been having problems with Windows Genuine Advantage for a long time now, and I have already tried Brett Capewell's eight different methods for getting rid of WGA, some of which I have tried 5 or 6 times.

The problem is that my old Athlon PC cannot access the internet to register my genuine Windows XP OS, and WGA keeps completely locking me out, after something like 30 days, so I cannot even log in.

I cannot even get into safe mode, once I'm locked out by WGA.

I think Service Pack 3 is causing the problem, so I figure, may be BartPE can help me disable WGA using one of those eight methods.

I think the problem is related to my version of Windows XP, which is a genuine Microsoft Student Media version of Windows XP I got on a CD.

The problem has something to do with XP being a Pilot version or a Genuine Release version. I don't know, but I do know that when I used the Control Panel's Ad/Remove function, I found no evidence of WGA Notifications, and that is supposed to tell me that it is impossible to remove WGA, right?

In fact, after numerous searches, I found WGA nowhere. Even when I reinstalled a Macrium backup of Windows XP, I still could not find any evidence of WGA, even in safe mode.

But I know it's in there, because it counts down the days before it locks me out.

It must be hiding somewhere, and my best guess is somewhere in the registry with Service Pack 3.

So will BartPE fix this problem, or what about Windows PE?

I think BartPE is supposed to be better than Windows PE.

Samwise, Aug 16, 2014
  2. Samwise

Elizabeth23

your student media version of xp has probably expired it is not a retail version of xp

How to make sure that Windows XP is activated

http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/ProductActivation.htm

quotes are taken from the above link.

this is the file you are looking for Wpa.dbl

read through the above link, (only xp parts)

================

bart's is good, but I use hirens boot cd.

Elizabeth23, Aug 16, 2014
  3. Samwise

Elizabeth23

ALSO: go here and print out the instructions to extend your activation time

Elizabeth23, Aug 16, 2014
Ask a Question