Weird error When trying to use notepad...

Whenever I try to open a file with notepad by double clicking on it ' I I get a Windows cannot find error with the correct pathname to the file yet the file does actually open anyway. I ussuaally just close the error message and can do everything to the open file I want to ussually. So this isn't too big a deal but... It has gotten pretty annoying!!! Can anyone offer any assistance that might help me to eliminate this annoying glich? Thanks Matt

Okay, her is an example of the error message:
Windows cannot find ' C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OTL.txt Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file , click the start button, and then click search.

I get this error every time I click on a .txt file to open it in notepad. I have ussually done this from the desktop. The file does actually open so it is finding the file even though the error message says it is not. When I open notepad first and select a file to open from the open menu I do not get the error. Also, I went to file type associations to check if they were set properly for .txt's in notepad and they were set right as far as I could tell but just to be on the safe side I reset them again. That didn't solve the problem, I still get the error. Hope this is the information that you need, Thanks for trying to help. Looking forward to hearing your suggestions. Matt

Back