Virus Infections

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by fingerfood12345, Mar 5, 2014.

1. fingerfood12345

fingerfood12345

Many computer users suffer from virus infections that are difficult to handle.
    I never setup or run a computer without partitioning my system HDD. Many people, and no small number of experts, say that is not necessary. I have read enough threads in this forum where the user has to format their HDD, losing every thing. My three partitions are: one for the system; one for the programs I install and use, and one partition for my DATA (anything I create, or download, or that doesn't come with the system install).
    If I have to re-install XP, I always do a format of the system partition, re-install the OS, and then re-install my operating programs, such as word processor(s), image viewer(s), video viewer(s), etc.
    Yes, it might be a bit of work, and takes some time, but I don't lose any of my DATA.
    Remember, viruses, etc, only go for the OS, and not your DATA. So let it go after your OS; just keep it segregated from the rest of your computer.....

fingerfood12345, Mar 5, 2014
  2. fingerfood12345

richnrockville

Fingerfood, welcome. One thing you might consider is an image program like Acronis which will create a system image on an external drive.

Just my thoughts.
    Rich

richnrockville, Mar 6, 2014
  3. fingerfood12345

eduxRO

I think that for now, with MSE and Malwarebytes Pro, we should be in pretty good security shape. I use them for many months, and never till now a virus or a malware entered my system. They tried :D

eduxRO, Mar 9, 2014
Ask a Question