Virtual Windows XP mode in Windows 7

I want to run virtual Windows XP mode in Windows* ‬7* ‬Home Premium* (‬64* ‬Bit*)

Microsoft says the x64* ‬version of Windows XP works with* ‬64-bit versions of Windows*7, and the x86* ‬version works with* ‬32-bit versions of Windows*7.*

Most of the programs I want to run in Virtual Windows XP mode are* ‬32-bit programs that ran on a* ‬32-bit version of Windows XP.

Do* ‬32-bit programs work in the* ‬64-bit version of Windows XP*?

Would they work in the* ‬64-bit version of Windows XP that would be running in Windows XP Mode in my Windows Virtual PC running inside my Windows* ‬7* ‬desktop PC*?

Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.

Device drivers designed for the 32-bit version of Windows don't work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows.

If the program is specifically designed for the 64-bit version of Windows, it won't work on the 32-bit version of Windows. (However, most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows do work on the 64-bit version of Windows.)

Device drivers designed for the 64-bit version of Windows don't work on computers running a 32-bit version of Windows.

from here

Back