Violation of access to local network

Discussion in 'Windows XP Networking' started by Maya, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Maya

Maya

Hello.
    Please tell me how to solve the problem: under the guest account under Windows XP, there is no access to the local network through the network environment. An error is displayed: "You do not have access to TT. Perhaps you do not have rights to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to obtain the appropriate access rights. No network name was found."

Maya, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Maya

Elizabeth23

Actually you don't want to be connecting to the Internet using the Guest account as that is insecure. In fact, you don't want to be using the Guest account at all. The Guest account is a special system account, not one meant for when you are feeling hospitable. It is disabled by default in Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Linux, Unix, and OS X for a reason.

From TechNet:

"The Guest account is intended for users who require temporary access to the system. However, if this account is enabled, a security risk may exist because an unauthorized user could gain anonymous access to the system through this account."

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb418978(TechNet.10).aspx

above came from HERE

you can google that error and find more instances for further reading or advice, :)

Elizabeth23, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Maya

Maya

I have the goal to realize access from windows xp to computers in local network without that to have access to the system settings for users. I tried to use Guest account. But I obtained the error that is described above. I read internet advices. I couldn't find the answer. I need help.

Maya, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Maya

Elizabeth23

make another account, as suggested in the thread I linked to, name it visitor and use that account to attempt a connection NOT the guest account.

Elizabeth23, Jul 12, 2019
  5. Maya

Maya

I can't understand your link. Which type of account should I create?

Maya, Jul 15, 2019
  6. Maya

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Jul 15, 2019
  7. Maya

Maya

I know how to create user in Windows Xp. I don't know how to create user without having access to system settings.

Maya, Jul 16, 2019
  8. Maya

Elizabeth23

can you boot to safe mode? you did not mention that you cannot boot up only that you cannot connect to internet

Elizabeth23, Jul 16, 2019
Ask a Question