Video problem: only sound and black screen, with updated codec & video board

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by ren89, Sep 23, 2013.

1. ren89

ren89

Hi,
    I have a problem with every video files (AVI, mpeg, etc.): I can hear just the sound, but no image (black screen). Two mounths ago I played every kind of video files without problems...

I have an ASUS 900HD EeePc, with Win XP Pro SP3.
    RAM 1GB, 900MHz.
    Video board: Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family.

To solve the problem I updated video codec and video board drivers. I try also to play videos with different media player (like Win Media Player, VLC, Media Player Classic). Then I start all the services I stopped earlier (just to make faster the pc).
    Nothing...

Can anyone help me?

PS. After several scans, I can assure my pc is completly clean: no viruses, no malware, etc. Everything runs very well on the pc, all but videos...

ren89, Sep 23, 2013
  2. ren89

ren89

Solved

So sorry for bother! Right now, I managed to solve the problem: it was very much easier... It was just a little wrong option (likely set by mistake) inside the graphic settings of the video board. I don't know how it could be happen, but anyway... now everything runs!

thanks everybody

ren89, Sep 23, 2013
  3. ren89

Elizabeth23

Glad your issue is resolved, good work!!

Elizabeth23, Sep 24, 2013
    WindowsXPforever likes this.
Ask a Question