viaagp1.sys is causing my computer to go into power save mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by bread, Feb 12, 2021.

1. bread

bread

the only way i can get my computer to work with my graphics card is by system restoring to when this driver wasnt updated. ive tried updating drivers multiple times, uninstalling, using the motherboards driver, nothings working. i can boot into safe mode and play around but ive tried multiple solutions and i found this was the culprit but its difficult because either it makes the computer work or not

bread, Feb 12, 2021
  2. bread

Elizabeth23

uninstall the driver. reboot. then go to device manager and look for any yellow exclamation points indicating a needed driver, look under details of driver and give a ven and manufacturer info.

Elizabeth23, Feb 12, 2021
  3. bread

bread

so trying to uninstall constantly, and different things, nothing seems to work, i can uninstall vgasave from hidden devices to access windows normally, but its still hella broken. in safe mode the geforce fx5200 is detected but not in normal windows. the screen is very glitchy which i believe is a sign of broken/corrupt drivers. i tried updating drivers in safe mode and out of safe mode (when i have access) everything is operating, nothing is "missing"

geforce driver version: 6.14.10.9371
    via cpu to agp controller = pci.sys and UAGP35.sys version 5.1.2600.5512
    hidden: vgasave / vga display controller is working properly, but isnt telling me any information

im running:
    amd anthlon xp 2500+
    2GB DDR ram
    Mobo: km400-8235
    nvidia geforce fx 5200 LE
    heres my dxdiag export: https://pastebin.com/V2mbJ6jP

edit: VGA controller had the exclamation point, so i have nvidia system tools downloaded, i searched for the driver and it found one for the fx5200, it started downloading it, then my monitor went into power save mode. this is so odd and confusing,

i changed the agp memory size to 128M from 64M and the VGA (onboard) to disabled from 64M
    VVVV
    i can still boot into normal mode, but the screen is still glitchy (multi colored red,blue,green breadcrumbs) and enters powersave mode shortly after, looks like updating it manually was a bad idea.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    bread, Feb 13, 2021
  4. bread

bread

also tried sdio and it sent me to power save mode after installing all the drivers

bread, Feb 13, 2021
  5. bread

Elizabeth23

"by system restoring to when this driver wasnt updated."

so have you restored back and then NOT updated the graphics card?

according to your dxdiag, there is no driver installed, you are using the generic (vga) driver below is a link for Dell oem drivers, however if this is not your manufacturer, then I need to know the manufacturer, model, and model number of your pc.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=r75461

Elizabeth23, Feb 13, 2021
  6. bread

bread

i used snappy driver installer to try to help, it didnt it just did the same problem as usual.
    ignore the "system restore" part, unfortunately its irrelevant now. i see it is "generic driver" cause everytime i install drivers for the gfx card (which then appears in device manager under display) it only works in safe mode and not under normal boot. i couldnt tell ya what the model was, its not dell, i presume its generic, hp, or compaq. nothing in the system shows a model. my powers out right now so i can only go by what ive struggled with for 7 hours today

bread, Feb 13, 2021
  7. bread

Elizabeth23

when you get power, go to start/run/ type in msinfo32 and then click ok, this will give you your pc info,

Elizabeth23, Feb 14, 2021
  8. bread

bread

Manufacturer "Lan Plus"
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.00PG

bread, Feb 14, 2021
  9. bread

bread

if you have a discord you can add me sapphire#1000 . If not its okay, The delay of responses can sometimes be annoying, my timezone is EST

bread, Feb 14, 2021
  10. bread

Elizabeth23

my time zone is CST, the delay is due to my not sitting at the pc waiting, :)

below is an attached image of my system info, I looked for a Lan Plus manufacturer, did not find one, as you can see my system is a Dell Dimension 3000 , please look again and see if a lan plus is the correct info.

msinfo.JPG

11. bread

Elizabeth23

reply 2

if you have a discord you can add me sapphire#1000

I do not know what the above means, :(

bread likes this.
  12. bread

bread

its Lan Plus, which leads me to believe its a prebuilt / OEM build (it came from a school after all)

I reset the PC, i used snappy driver installer without graphics card in, installed nvidia forceware version 93.71 in safe mode, because i cant launch into normal boot with graphics card in. Installation was fine, the gfx card installed its driver no problem and is detected in safe mode.

Dont worry about the discord thing its like modern Skype

bread, Feb 15, 2021
  13. bread

Elizabeth23

safe mode only uses basic drivers and vga makes the resolution 600x800, very large, there is a way to change it to a higher resolution but requires the drivers for the graphics card. now without the graphics card can you now boot to normal desktop?

If it were me I would wipe the drive and reinstall xp, since something is off, but then I have all my necessary drivers saved to a flash drive for when I reinstall.

can you give me the info from msinfo under components/display, please. see attachment

Attached Files:

Elizabeth23, Feb 15, 2021
  14. bread

ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer, Feb 15, 2021
  15. bread

bread

bread, Feb 15, 2021
  16. bread

bread

ive already wiped it, twice actually, this is the 3rd time ive tried fixing this.

heres my msinfo32: https://i.imgur.com/uW84JGq.jpg

bread, Feb 15, 2021
  17. bread

Elizabeth23

your image is not coming through

Elizabeth23, Feb 15, 2021
  18. bread

bread

bread, Feb 15, 2021
  19. bread

ClippyBeer

What version of driver is it using after the restore? If the driver is working why are you updating?

ClippyBeer, Feb 15, 2021
  20. bread

bread

this was before the computer reset, i had ran into a.. worse issue in the process of trying to fix lol

bread, Feb 15, 2021
Ask a Question