Various errors occur when writing to cdrw in windows xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by chandra, Mar 26, 2016.

1. chandra

chandra

Hi,
    So many are using windows xp as it is not having any problem. I would like to know, how writing of files or iso images are burnt but could not be verified with the result that nothing is written on the disc cd rw.
    In windows 7, when you insert blank cd, you get the option of either using as one or two options, live cd or master cd.
    Normally xp supports cd r. No one would like to experiment with cd r. I tried with a cd rw to burn an image both in nero and imgburn. Both said verified error.
    I came across some limitations on the use of dvd rw drive, to write to cd rw, as it was a new format and well supported in windows 7. Windows xp does not prompt you to select the use of cd in the first instance.
    imgburn reports verified error in writing cd rw, but allow cd r to burn and verfified correctly. Ofcourse, i came across some read errors , in cd r when i try to burn a huge file in my laptop, having xp sp3 version
    When i wrote to imgburn, the author says to change the drive or clean the drive. I cleaned it with writex cd lens cleaner but the same error pop up.
    What is the fix for it , i mean, what i have to do have the optiarc dvd rw , to burn to cd rw as well as dvd.
    This is the link that i came across, but do not know how to intrepret to my case.
    http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.aspx?p=418013&seqNum=11
    The microsoft fix , when run in xp machine , gives error 80072f8f, i checked my time and internet time. Both are synced nicely.

chandra, Mar 26, 2016
  2. chandra

chandra

Both are synced nicely.
    Imgburn burns the image , but on verifying the cd rw, it gives Layouts do not match error. session count 1/0 error.
    Also please note that it is a new dvd drive in place of original hp disc drive given along with the hp 540 notebook.

chandra, Mar 26, 2016
  3. chandra

chandra

It is also notiiced that my dvd rw drive optiarc dwdrw 7530 ata, could read cd r and dvd r. But does not read or write cdrw,dvdrw,. No body there to help me

chandra, Mar 27, 2016
  4. chandra

Cammygirl192

Have you tried a different disc? Just wondering, it could be problem with that.

If not:
    Update your software (unless on latest version), if persists, it's problem with your hardware.

Cammygirl192, Mar 28, 2016
  5. chandra

chandra

Yes, ofcourse, Disc containing cd r and dvd r. You mean, different brands. I use Sony dvd rw and cd rw. Is there any restriction of brands of cd and dvd.

chandra, Mar 29, 2016
  6. chandra

Elizabeth23

as per my reply to your other post, I need the make (sony) model and model number of the disc drives. and it would also be helpful to have the make, model and model number of your pc, and is it a laptop or a desktop?

Elizabeth23, Mar 29, 2016
  7. chandra

chandra

Hi, I have given that already . It is hp 540 notebook laptop, having xp sp3. the drive is Sony Optiarc dvdrw ad 7530 a ata.i checked the writing on the drive also .

chandra, Mar 31, 2016
Ask a Question