User names - why I chose Aunty Jack - any takers on their user names ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Aunty Jack, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Aunty Jack

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Just Rambling - why I chose the user name Aunty Jack.

Aunty Jack and the Aunty Jack show was uniquely Australian which probably makes it incomprehensible to the rest of the world. Aussies have a type of humour very different to any other. As for Aunty Jack being a transvestite, well we all knew the character was played by actor Grahame Bond and the fact that Grahame Bond played the role of a male/female did not matter to us at all.

The Aunty Jack Show was a Logie Award–winning Australian television comedy series that ran from 1972 to 1973. Produced by and broadcast on ABC-TV, the series attained an instant cult status that persists to the present day.

The lead character, Aunty Jack was a unique comic creation — an obese, moustachioed, gravel-voiced transvestite, part trucker and part pantomime dame — who habitually solved any problem by knocking people unconscious or threatening to 'rip their bloody arms off'.

Visually, she or he was unmistakable, dressed in a huge, tent-like blue velvet dress, football socks, workboots, and a golden boxing glove on her/his right hand. She/he rode everywhere on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle and referred to everyone as "me little lovelies" — when she/he was not uttering her/his familiar threat: "I'll rip yer bloody arms off!", a phrase which immediately passed into the vernacular.

The character was devised and played by the multi-talented Grahame Bond and was partly inspired by his overbearing Uncle Jack, whom he had disliked as a child.

Aunty Jack was created for a proposed ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission) Radio children's radio series, "The Aunty Jack Show", commissioned by Paddy Conroy (former head of ABC TV and now cable channel manager). It was intended to replace the long-running children's radio series The Argonauts Club, which was about to be cancelled. The new series never went to air because ABC executives felt that the Aunty Jack character and some of Grahame's songs were "inappropriate" for young listeners.

The Aunty Jack character made her/his TV debut in Aunty Jack's Travelling Show, an episode of ABC-TV's The Comedy Game, broadcast in late 1971. It was originally to be called Aunty Jack's Travelling Abattoirs but ABC executives also found the title inappropriate. The program featured Bond, O'Donoghue and Derum, with Sharman Mellick and Kate Fitzpatrick in supporting roles.

This marked the start of a fruitful partnership between Bond, O'Donoghue and ABC writer, producer and director Maurice Murphy. They became the creative nucleus for a string of programs that strongly influenced TV comedy in Australia.

So, there we have it. I chose Aunty Jack a my user name just to throw a light hearted whimsical spanner in the works so to speak.

Cheers from Aunty Jack.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    Aunty Jack, Oct 1, 2014
  2. Aunty Jack

eatup

Stop. I've heard enough. If anyone can't get enuf of transvetism, I highly recommend the following anime.

It's about a boy who literally turns into a girl when doused with cold water (b/c he fell into a cursed hotspring)...

What makes it even better is, there was a live action adaptation of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i32muy0pmSU

eatup, May 25, 2015
  3. Aunty Jack

eatup

Btw, this clip shows his/her girl-guy transformations better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoUzvvG22YI

Now, I'm kind of suspicious whether Aunty Jack directly influenced Ranma 1/2's creation. Asians are known to be great imitators. I've noticed everything the West has, if it finds its way to Japan (d/t popularity), there's bound to be a Japanese "imitation version" of it...

eatup, May 25, 2015
  4. Aunty Jack

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Now now good people, the mythical Aunty Jack might jump right out of your screen and, "rip yer bloody arms off".

This Aunty Jack here just "let's it roll".

Actually we Aussies never even thought of putting a label on the persona Aunty Jack. The matter of gender never mattered. Probably because Aussies are a bit more laid back about things and don't mind as long as something doesn't scare the livestock or horses.

Never heard of Ranma ½. Who knows if someone took the idea from Aussie satire. The Australian sense of humour is totally strange/incomprehensible to our northern Nipponese neighbours.

Cheers,

Aunty Jack.

Aunty Jack, May 25, 2015
  5. Aunty Jack

Jody Thornton

I use my real name. I'm a male "Jody".

Jody Thornton, May 31, 2015
    jim davis likes this.
  6. Aunty Jack

Termingamer2-JD

Mine's a pun on Terminator 2: Judgment Day and my initials. Also gaming:

which turns out to be 'Termingamer2-JD' - short, call me Termin though.

Termingamer2-JD, Aug 31, 2015
  7. Aunty Jack

jim davis

I used to be a wild two toed prehistoric saber toothed woolly barking aardvark :eek:
    I ate a man once,
    when i burped,
    a library card flew out
    that said jim on it.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    jim davis, Oct 21, 2018
  8. Aunty Jack

jim davis

the above will probably push way past the limits of Elizabeth's good taste,
    so if this is the last time i am able to sign in, know i did it to myself :eek::eek::eek:

jim davis, Oct 21, 2018
  9. Aunty Jack

jim davis

JODY is a very cool name,

like Carol, it can sound fine and endearing on ether sex,

jim davis, Oct 21, 2018
  10. Aunty Jack

jim davis

burp:eek:

jim davis, Oct 21, 2018
Ask a Question