USB card not detected at boot

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by quinze, Feb 8, 2014.

1. quinze

quinze

My machine has USB ports as part of the motherboard and in addition I've just added a new USB card. I've done this because I suspect an occasional malfunction of the inbuilt ports with a KVM switch. The KVM switch connects my mouse and keyboard and I want to move this to the new USB card. However, when I boot, the new card is not recognised and the mouse and keyboard are inoperative (but they still work in the original ports). After Windows starts up, the new card is found and can then be used.

What do I have to do to be able to use the mouse/keyboard via the new card from boot up? Would a BIOS reset do this?

quinze, Feb 8, 2014
  2. quinze

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Feb 8, 2014
  3. quinze

quinze

Thank you for the link. However, it only deals with USB issues directly associated with XP. My problem (non-recognition of certain USB ports) occurs prior to the operating system loading, during the BIOS stage.

quinze, Feb 9, 2014
  4. quinze

Elizabeth23

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830957

try above

above taken from here

Elizabeth23, Feb 10, 2014
Ask a Question