Uninstallation of XP From Duel boot

I Had Windows7 and Windows XP sp3 installed on duel boot menu Now I Want to format C: Drive on which XP is installed and again fresh Installation of XP sp3, I Want to keep Windows7 installation intact , But the problem is when I will format C: the bootloader will also formated then I will not able to boot .

Both XP and windows7 are on seprate partition of same Hard disk

Is There any solution?

in 7 format partition where xp3 is then restart with cd and install xp back

If I understand you correctly, you already have Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 SP1 set up in dual boot mode in the same hard drive that's divided in 2 partitions.

If you do a clean re-install of Windows XP SP3 in the same partition that it's currently in, Windows 7 SP1 will fail to boot in the other partition, and you will also have to re-install it.

The older operating system needs to be installed first and the newer operating system needs to be installed second.

Is there a particular reason why you want to wipe out Windows XP SP3 and then re-install it?

Multiple operating systems on a single drive were always tricky. I would suggest putting xp on its own drive. Even an older ide or sata drive will be really fast for xp.

Just use a Windows 7 installation cd, go to rrpair your computer and then select the command prompt option. Then use diskpart to clean the partition using the "clean" command and then covert it to mbr or gpt depending on your hdd's partition type

Back