Unable to log on to Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Janice, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Janice

Janice

I did a clean install of XP one month ago and activated it on the same day. Today, after 30 days, when I switched on the computer and clicked on my user name, I got this notification with the following message:
    "This copy of Windows must be activated with Microsoft before you can log on. Do you want to activate now"
    I clicked on "Yes" and after a delay of about 10 seconds, the Widows Product Activation window opened with the message:
    "Windows is already activated. Click OK to exit"
    When I click OK, it goes back to the earlier message to 'activate windows' and then says it is 'already activated. I am unable to get past this loop and unable to log on.

Janice, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Janice

WindowsXPforever

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >When I click OK, it goes back to the earlier message to 'activate windows' and then says it is 'already activated.
    Sounds like your copy is not legit or the activation got messed up, call Microsoft and re-activate it
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/existing-customer/activation-centers
    Hope this helps :)

WindowsXPforever, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Janice

Elizabeth23

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Possible Resolution:

Boot into "Safe Mode" by pressing (F8) during a reboot.

Go to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 regwizc.dll , and hit enter.
    Then go again to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 licdll.dll , and hit enter again.

Apparently, and I can't say how, the above files became unregistered.

above from this link:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/windows-activation-loop-bug.1023331/

Elizabeth23, Mar 2, 2019
Ask a Question