Trying to install Windows XP on an old laptop but I get this error

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by ACMDogfight1997, Mar 11, 2018.

1. ACMDogfight1997

ACMDogfight1997

I have an old Dell Latitude D630 laptop that I'm wanting to use as a retro gaming PC. I got this 5 years ago and it was a refurbished one with Windows 7 installed. I am wanting to install Windows XP on it and I tried doing using the 32-bit disk image from here: https://pcriver.com/operating-systems/windows-xp-professional-iso-download.html

I followed the directions to install Windows XP via flash drive through here: https://www.poweriso.com/tutorials/how-to-make-winxp-bootable-usb-drive.htm

After going through every direction right, everything was going fine until I noticed during the file copying process that 2 or 3 files couldn't be copied for some reason. After telling it to retry for the first one and still fail, I skipped it and the others since it gave me the option to do so. After that, it was fine for a minute or two until I hit a roadblock when attempting to launch the OS and gave me the error message in the uploaded picture. I clicked okay and then it gave me another error message then rebooting and go through everything I went through before just to get the same error message again. I let it reboot a third time and a fourth time after removing the flash drive thinking having it left plugged in was the problem and the error message kept appearing.

I don't know what this error is or what's making or made it. I know that my mother, who used the laptop mostly, stopped using it after it failed to install an update for Windows 7, and it was a problem that even the PC shop we took it in to fix it couldn't take care of the problem. Is there a way to fix this error (in the picture) or is there no way to do so?

Attached Files:

ACMDogfight1997, Mar 11, 2018
  2. ACMDogfight1997

ACMDogfight1997

ACMDogfight1997, Mar 11, 2018
Ask a Question