Transfer Cable

Is there an easy transfer cable to transfer files, docs,photos etc. from my old Windows XP amd 64 bit computer, to my new Windows 8 amd 64 bit computer, all the ones I have come across, are only compatible with,either 32 bit to 64 bit or 64 bit to 32 bit, I cannot find a 64 bit to 64 bit one. I hope all that made sense. Can anyone help.

If you’re transferring from a Windows XP or Vista PC through an Easy Transfer cable, be sure to install the Easy Transfer cable’s bundled drivers. (You needn’t worry about drivers in newer Windows versions because Windows 7 and Windows 8 automatically recognize the cable as soon as you plug it into a USB port.)

http://www.dummies.com/DummiesArtic...-from-Your-Old-PC-to-Windows-8.id-336549.html

read through above and see if it helps, on Belkin easy transfer, even though it states it does not support 64 bit to 64 bit one of the reviews said it worked, but that was for 7 to 8, and it does not work with 8.1

hope this helps. :)

Windows XPTransfer

Hi Elizabeth your link to Redmondmag looks very promising, but I note it is referring to Windows 8.1, is it compatible with just Windows 8.

Back