Torrent client

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by F Murtz, Nov 22, 2019.

1. F Murtz

F Murtz

Where can I get a torrent client that works with XP?
    can not install utorrent XP can not register utorrent forum , can not even contact utorrent, stupid unanswerable questions on forms

F Murtz, Nov 22, 2019
    Connor McMahon likes this.
  2. F Murtz

Janice

Janice, Nov 25, 2019
    Connor McMahon likes this.
  3. F Murtz

Katie Boundary

Katie Boundary, Nov 25, 2019
  4. F Murtz

echidna

The 32 bit version of Deluge should work for you too.

echidna, Dec 11, 2019
  5. F Murtz

Mike_Walsh

There's also Tixati. I recommend this highly, 'cos I've been using it for years. Works like a dream; apparently, the 32-bit Windows version will work with any 32-bit Windows release.....certainly as far back as XP, anyway, AND all the way up to 10.

Looks like you're spoilt for choice, doesn't it? :p

UTorrent is becoming 'old-hat', anyway...

Mike. ;)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Mike_Walsh, Dec 11, 2019
  6. F Murtz

james121op

i really like qbittorrent its simple and very easy to use

james121op, Dec 11, 2019
  7. F Murtz

dAlek

I have been using utorrent 2.2.1 for a long time without problems, fast and lightweight, without ads compared to newer versions

dAlek, Dec 14, 2019
    Jody Thornton likes this.
  8. F Murtz

Computer semi-expert

You could try bittornado.

Computer semi-expert, Dec 15, 2019
  9. F Murtz

mr25

EagleGet.png
    you can try EagleGet and activate option associated with torrent file from BT setting

mr25, Feb 22, 2020
  10. F Murtz

TigerPepper2020

Update: qBittorrent Torrent Client is not longer Windows XP compatible anymore ever since v4.2.x releases first introduced in December 2019

But if a Windows XP user is still interested to be using qBittorrent then they would need to be looking to grab any of the previous releases which would be any older version going up to the October 2019's v4.1.9 updated release.

I would suggest of using BitComet since as of today they're still releasing Windows XP compatible up to date updates.

I personally am in the process of trying to find a Torrent client who doesn't limit the user of not being able to download 4GB exceeding single filesize into any non-ntfs/non exfat partitions.. for which some reason BitComet doesn't allow me of being able to do.. as for me I have a different type of setup for which my data partition's filesystem is ext4 and is able of still being access with the help of ext2fsd that allows me of assigning drive letters to such partitions.

(For which so far I've been using uTorrent v2 that was released in 2011 due to being their last non-advertisement cluttered release while still being able to write large files regardless of the partition's filesystem).

But I am trying to search for an updated torrent who is able to write large files on non-ntfs/non exfat partitions due to the fact that I'm also experimenting out with various numerious versions of linux distributions for which i multiboot from. I've set all of the individual distribution's /home partitions to all be the same one that is used as my "data" ext4 partition for being able to be sharing that same space, while individually setting the rest of the indivual OS required partitions of being within each their own individual seperate logical partitions for which all of these are all located within 1 single extended partition. The majority of all Linux OS are able of being installed and have the distro image being booted for extended logicals which is perfect for being able to do this, as for this way i am still left with 3 other primary partitions to be able to use (which Windows XP currently uses one of these 3). But as for the extended partition and all of its logical contained partitions; my ext4 data partition is in there being the first logical partition at the beginning, to then have all the rest of the individually separated distro partitions after, to then finish off with the swap at the very end being the last.

TigerPepper2020, Apr 10, 2020
Ask a Question