.tmp files keep coming back after deletion

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by C_S, Oct 27, 2017.

1. C_S

C_S

Hi, couldn't find anything about this through the search so starting my own thread.

In my Temp folder, I have a whole bunch of these .tmp files that haven't been used since 2013. I delete them, but they all keep coming back after emptying the recycle bin. I first found these files after my C drive kept losing space, so I deleted all of the .tmp files from before 2017 and got back about 27 GB. That was on Sunday. On Tuesday, I discovered space missing again so I checked the Temp folder and most of the files I'd deleted had returned, so i deleted them again. Now again today, Thursday, the files are all back. I delete them and they're are back within an hour or two. How can I delete them permanently? Disc Cleanup doesn't work. Thanks for any and all help in advance.

C_S, Oct 27, 2017
  2. C_S

Elizabeth23

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

run the free malwarebytes , download, install, and run a full scan, if it needs to reboot, do so and run another full scan until the scan finds no threats.

then see if your tmp files stay deleted.

Elizabeth23, Oct 27, 2017
Ask a Question