There's Absolutely Nothin 7/8/9 Does Better Than XP!

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by eatup, Sep 25, 2014.

1. eatup

Jody Thornton

Interesting observations Eatup. I am running Vista x64 Ultimate Edition (which by all counts should be slower than Windows 7, or at least it should hog resources more), and my system runs at a brisk speed.

Now I have older (2006) but still capable hardware. It's a dual Xeon HP Workstation, outfitted with SCSI drives. And while I admit that XP 64 Bit Edition ran oh so slightly more responsively than Vista does on it, it wasn't all that noticeable. For example, Control Panel would open a hair quicker on XP, but applications and OS navigational tasks are pretty much just as fast.

Now as for eye candy; you have me there. I run Vista Basic, which is non-Aero (and it likely means I'm taking a performance hit because Aero uses the GPU of my video adapter more efficiently), but I'm not big on transparency really. There are some good Luna and Royale themes for Vista and Windows 7. I wondered if you tried those.

Jody Thornton, Feb 16, 2015
  2. eatup

eatup

Well, W7 takes sweetness to a whole new level from Vista. It's like the difference between ice cream and cotton candy. Don't know if you've ever had cotton candy b4, but personally I can't stand cotton candy's ultra sweetness!

eatup, Feb 17, 2015
  3. eatup

keysersoze1936

windoz7 vs Windows XP

For me, "Here's the Rub". I have two computers. #1 is a Dell desktop w/XP Pro.
    #2 is a Compaq 410us laptop w/windoz7 factory pre-installed.
    What I wish to do is remove Windoz7 and replace it with Windows XP Home edition which I purchased and have never used.
    I suspect that I will have to install Windows 98 on the laptop BEFORE I can install Windows XP Home as per MS instructions.
    AM I WRONG?
    One problem I'm having is that once I GET to the into the 7 Bios options, I am unable to proceed to any of the choices within the options pages. That stops me from keeping or making changes in the Boot sequence if required.
    I know it's a lot of time and effort but I personally just cannot deal with the windoz 7 non- friendly usage and problems anymore.
    There is nothing that I need or want or like, from 7, 8, 8.1, or windoz 10 (I've never heard of windoz 9), BUT Windows XP has given me everything I need, use, or EVER will want.

Evidently I need a step by step procedure to FORMAT the whole drive eliminating the large system partition needed by Windows 7. so that I can install Windows XP on my laptop also.
    Right or wrong? ......Is there ANYONE capable of doing that?
    98 MS OS including XP, formats are a "breeze in the trees". I THINK the reason for that is that NOW the mfgr's DO NOT supply new buyers of their product with Complete CDs of the OS (Operating System) they install, with drivers etc.
    =============================================================

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    keysersoze1936, Aug 30, 2015
Ask a Question