Theme editing with resource hacker?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Jakob99, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Jakob99

Jakob99

Does anyone know how to change luna's theme color(The blue that appears on the taskbar and when you have a folder/program open) with resource hacker? Credit will be given to whoever can help me out.

Jakob99, Oct 1, 2014
  2. Jakob99

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Hello Jakob99,

Have a look for Bricopack (Bricopac ?). Bricopack will install, with an uninstall option, a Vista like desktop/theme. There are two versions. One gives a slightly Linux look with the penguin, the other gives a straight Vista look. Install the lightest option as the full customisation in both may not be able to be uninstalled. The lighter/cosmetic option in both do not use any system/RAM resources. Both are good to "play with" and don't worry if both put a set of new .dll's in the System 32 folder. Uninstalling reverses the process. These packs may work for you, they may not but are a bit of a change in the XP look and a bit of fun.

Cheers from Aunty Jack.

Aunty Jack, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Jakob99

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Jakob99

Jakob99

Thanks for your suggestions. The bricopack will not do what I need it to do(Allow me to edit the blue bars to whatever I want) I'll try the google search and see what that tosses up.

Jakob99, Oct 2, 2014
  5. Jakob99

Jakob99

I should've said allow me to edit the blue bars to whatever I want without having to use a pre made pack.

Jakob99, Oct 2, 2014
Ask a Question