The UNJOY of Windows 7 Forcefeeding

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by uzi9mmauto, Dec 11, 2012.

1. uzi9mmauto

uzi9mmauto

If I had one point I felt the need to make about XP- here it is. I am convinced that Microsoft gave us this extra time for legal and rational reasons. Since their 'main' reason for Windows 7 was it to be the next UPgrade. When Windows 2000 came out- it ran EVER OS and it's files on the 2000 GUI. So the same goes for Windows XP even. Hell it even runs all of their files with LESS resources. 95/9x files we're never a problem. Then when XP came out aka
    as 'EXPERIENCE". Most of the bugs were out by SP2 making it a very reasonable OS. To this date in 2013 (3 more weeks?)

Now with Windows 7 becoming the next 'XP' as the next UPGRADE. This is where I am asking someone to SUE Microsoft. To be a legal UPgrade. The Latter OS MUST run and every prior program,apps before it with LESS resources! (netherwards it must run MORE than prior or equal the OS capabilities) Windows 7 has NOT done that at all and in fact if it runs a file it sucks up MORE resources. THEN to go as far as creating a NOW entire GUI that is uncompatible with every OS before it...?? Thats downright criminal & a violation of many laws. This is like coming out with Windows 95 after XP comes out and you STOP all support and Hardware from using XP.

How would you feel if they did that then? They actually I DID as I been saying. What REALLY burns my ass if we will BE FORCED Windows 7 in total disregard in incompatibility with THOUSANDS of programs that it REFUSES to run. No Service Pack will fix these huge problems with Windows 7. The other thing Microsoft MUST be forced to do is to patch XP to run Vista/7 files and vice versa. What they did couldn't yell MONOPOLY any louder! Shutting us off from the PRE-2012 computer world is total bullshit and illegal.

I know must of you are uninformed about the lifespan of these new laptop etc parts and hardware? The industry is getting away with a 3 year MAX span before a major hardware fails. Yet- I have computers and laptops do MORE than Windows 7 can but will become more than USELESS cause of what Microsoft alone is doing. I have computers/laptops that are OVER 8+ years old running strong. As far I am concerned. Windows XP has evolved enough to become a part of permanent part on computers. Its INSANITY to force is to run a incompatible OS by force rather than by choice. As far as i would push for in Court is the Cross OS Patching and/or Full XP Support for lifetime of Windows 7 too!

We are NOT going to like or have any say where we spend our money soon for computers UNLESS the people bring MS back to court! Already you can't find almost any hardware , newer programs that will even run with Windows 2000 anymore. Soon all we will see is [Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8 Compatibility] stickers on products. This makes me sick and mad in more than one way. WE CAN WILL but not if we sit on our asses. many lawyers would love to get involved but I don't know many buy many do!

I am happy that I was able to vent about a undebatable topic. Its not like we can ignore this problem much longer. If I don't want to spend $600 every 2-3 years on computer/laptops by CHOICE- I can live with that. By force I am not a happy consumer!

uzi9mmauto, Dec 11, 2012
  2. uzi9mmauto

Butters

I'm going to miss XP so much when it dies. But in all honesty, I never really had problems with XP Service Pack 0-1; to me it was great from the beginning. I have 7, and I haven't had too many comparability issues with it, but it still seems that XP can run a little more than 7 can (with the acception of some games that will only work on 7). But most of my computers are in fact still running XP, and certain features are only available in XP (weather they be programs or nice little features in the OS itself). It's still a small (compared to Windows 7), stable, and beloved OS that I shall forever remember as the standard in the PC world. And with Windows 8 here, that just makes me miss XP all the more. XP and Server 2003 will always be my favorites, with Windows 2000 in a close second.

BTW, I read that Microsoft doesn't plan on releasing another Service Pack for Windows 7, they're trying to force people to the latest and "greatest" software.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Butters, Jan 31, 2013
  3. uzi9mmauto

Elizabeth23

There is no reason to miss xp, you can make it a dual boot with your win 7, you can place it on a pc all by itself.

What it means when Microsoft will no longer support it, is that no new security fixes will be added.

So, if you run XP in a sandbox and have all the security updates that will appear until April 2014, (last support date) then you will be allright. :)

Elizabeth23, Jan 31, 2013
  4. uzi9mmauto

TheHopelessCandyGirl

That is why I say that Windows XP should be open source. So you'll never have to experience this again. We came to love this child, and we're going to take care of him even if his parents don't. You'll be a creator rather than a consumer.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    TheHopelessCandyGirl, Sep 22, 2013
Ask a Question