The Motherboard ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by GalraKeith, Apr 6, 2021.

1. GalraKeith

GalraKeith

i have been experiencing a problem with my hp windows xp. when i turn on my computer the monitor doesn't respond, and the keyboard and mouse do not turn on. My mother board is a P4M80-M4 . Is this means the motherboard is bad ? Its an old mother board.

GalraKeith, Apr 6, 2021
  2. GalraKeith

Elizabeth23

have you tried a different monitor/mouse/ or keyboard?

does anything respond?

Elizabeth23, Apr 6, 2021
  3. GalraKeith

GalraKeith

Mouse light on , I have two Keyboards did light up when I turn it on but it went away , I have two Monitors they work on my Windows 7 but for the xp its saying No Signal I plug it into the Video Card nothing , I plug in the other port nothing

GalraKeith, Apr 6, 2021
  4. GalraKeith

red Guest

is it a self install? then remove all connections and memory and check everything is in the correct position ,when booting dose your pc emit any noise that it should not? this means there is something wrong on the mother board (ie a alarm noise)

red, Apr 7, 2021
  5. GalraKeith

GalraKeith

I removed the Ram , Video Card, Power cord then I put it all back in, I turn it on still the same and No Alarm (Beep) Noise .

I notice there are some small dark spots on the motherboard

GalraKeith, Apr 7, 2021
  6. GalraKeith

red Guest

maybe time to junk the board, keep all the bits though will come in handy for the next one ,cheap enough from local junk shop and do come across a few decent units, good luck:)

red, Apr 7, 2021
  7. GalraKeith

Lockherup

Anything from that generation is going to be close to dead. I tell everytone with P3 P4 and dual core the same thing, look closely at your board and inspect the capacitors, you will find they are bulging or leaking and the problem you describe is a common cap problem. The better boards like Asus and some Intel are still going but a Biostar, MSI and other low brands all used cheap caps and will be dead by this point, unless you never used it.

Lockherup, Apr 7, 2021
Ask a Question