The Foreigner's Guide To China

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by eatup, Jul 20, 2016.

1. eatup

eatup

I'm starting this thread to post interesting stuff about China. Most of it is from another forum I'm actively browsing. But they auto-format their pictures to a fixed small size. Reposting them here in their native sizes helps me to appreciate the pics better...

Anyways, whether anyone likes it or not, we will soon head towards a "Chinese century" where the American global hegemony will be over! It's better to go along with the flow of the times than to be left out (of some very interesting topics).

(Btw, a lot of interesting thing can already be found in this pre-existing thread: http://www.xpforums.com/biggest-hollywood-films-originated-china-t932803p13.html. Also, I have never set foot in China before, so this thread will mostly be from a "foreigner's perspective" that dug up interesting things about China...)

eatup, Jul 20, 2016
  2. eatup

eatup

Now, before I post anything of interest, what exactly is China's relation to the rest of Asia?

A DNA test/study shows, the Koreans and Japanese were originally people who migrated from mainland China and mixed with the local native's blood there. Mainland China is their motherland:

[​IMG]

It's also a common prevailing misconception among foreigners that the Japanese are the "smartest" Asian ethnic group. That is entirely false as shown by the following standardized IQ test results. That title belongs to the people of Hong Kong:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally, the following Wikipedia article shows, the people of Hong Kong are essentially Han Chinese, which means mainland China has the same genes "geared for Greatness" in terms of building up a (modern) civilization:

(Btw, I may occasionally post things about Japan in this thread too...)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    eatup, Jul 21, 2016
  3. eatup

eatup

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    eatup, Jul 21, 2016
  4. eatup

eatup

The only one of its kind in the world: American flag captured by Chinese soldiers in the Korean War (where a riffle had to be shared between two Chinese soldiers) on display in a war museum in China:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eatup, Jul 21, 2016
  5. eatup

eatup

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eatup, Jul 21, 2016
  6. eatup