Tablet Problem

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by priscus, Aug 20, 2017.

1. priscus

priscus

Nexus 'Seven' Four years old, had little use, but been problem-free over this period.

Intermittent problem:

Initial 'lock-screen' will not respond to swipe to unlock: nothing I can do with it.

It is not the faulty screen location, as problem remains when device rotated to locate lock on fresh part of screen.

Complete power-down and re-boot does not fix the problem.

I can spend ages trying to unlock, with no response, then spontaneously, it works, and continues for a while (days, weeks) only to once again relapse!

In my experience, such-like symptoms are usually caused by dodgy connections somewhere!

Not sure if a four-year-old tablet is worth the cost of a professional repair. On the other hand, this 'cheapy' has the features required by me, and some of today's expensive jobs DO NOT!

Guess if I searched, will probably find a tear-down on Youtube, but I have never delved into the innards of a tablet before. Cannot even see where to open it!

Any ideas?

Anyone any experience repairing tablets?

priscus, Aug 20, 2017
  2. priscus

priscus

Right!

Quick deco on youtube suggests repairs are easy!

But so much to do..............

it might get repaired, eventually......

ah, chorus the round tuits!

(Also came across review saying showing its age, but still one of the best 7in tabs..... cost MORE today than when I bought mine, now THAT IS UNUSUAL in this game!)

priscus, Aug 20, 2017
  3. priscus

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Aug 20, 2017
  4. priscus

priscus

Thanks, Elizabeth.

Did find lot of info when I got around to doing a proper search.

Hopefully, should be an easy fix, though it is working OK at present, and going on past form, it could continue so for some weeks.

Anyhow, it will have to wait, possibly until Winter, as too many much higher priority jobs in the pipeline. I do have a Android phone, so will not be stuck, as it can do the tasks commonly employing the Nexus Seven, albeit not as elegantly.

priscus, Aug 23, 2017
  5. priscus

Elizabeth23

okay, priscus, good luck :)

Elizabeth23, Aug 23, 2017
Ask a Question