Support for Windows XP still active

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Pietro60, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Pietro60

Pietro60

Windows XP is still supported, although Microsoft denies the opposite but updates are always present, I managed to activate my copy, with genuine and validation.

The my copy is ORIGINAL Microsoft.

all demonstrable here below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Pietro60, Jan 7, 2020
    5teel, Janice, dAlek and 2 others like this.
  2. Pietro60

Pietro60

[​IMG]

Microsoft update screen at the bottom left the writing 2020 Microsoft

Pietro60, Jan 8, 2020
    5teel, Janice and dAlek like this.
  3. Pietro60

Janice

I myself was never in doubt about this but thank you for demonstrating this to all, including non believers and reformists :)

Janice, Jan 13, 2020
    Pietro60 likes this.
  4. Pietro60

Pietro60

Many thanks Janice for your wonderful words yes in the world many people's are sure that Windiws Xp is finished but is not so the long life of Windows Xp continue like or not like

Thanks again

Pietro60, Jan 16, 2020
    Janice likes this.
  5. Pietro60

caliber

until office 2010 EOL.

caliber, Jan 16, 2020
    ZeroDayDefender and Pietro60 like this.
  6. Pietro60

Pietro60

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Free use for all and for who want take

Thank You.

Pietro60, Jan 22, 2020
    Janice likes this.
  7. Pietro60

Pietro60

Sorry is not possible edit the my post up i post here:

[​IMG]

Pietro60, Jan 24, 2020
  8. Pietro60

Sixthofmay

Thanks, that good to know. It costs them a tiny fraction of the company profits to keep the Validation server(s) and Window Update server(s) on. It would likely cost far more if humans needed to be involved, should they turn off the automatic processes.

Which brings me to the question of, why did they stop selling XP in the first place? It certainly wasn't for lack of demand. At my former job, we never stop selling anything. It could have sold zero units when introduced and one unit bought 30 years later.

XP 64 could have been the final Microsoft OS, and code added as new security holes were found. Drivers could have been created for all devices for XP 32 and XP 64. GPT support could have been added to XP. Better TCP/IP drivers could have been created for XP to get Win7 TCP/IP speeds. If made open source in 2014, we'd likely be there now.

I just don't get the change for change sake. If it works, keep it working and working securely. What is the name of that OS that looks and feels like a generic XP?

I'm hopefully starting a company soon if I can raise enough venture capital (health dependent). Once a product is introduced, I have no plans to stop production. I may do a batch once every 1, 2, 4, 6 months depending on demand, and later batches may be smaller, but entirely stopping production is out of the question.

Sixthofmay, Feb 21, 2020
    Pietro60 likes this.
  9. Pietro60

Pietro60

Many thanks for your answer and considerations only one my opinion Micrisoft have stopped with Windows xp because Windiws 10 must go ahead only for one cause: the money

The last version of Windows 10 have a bug what doing the insiders? Or the money are more important?

The my decision is only one Windows Xp in my pc forever open the eyes Micrisoft say one thing and do it other say to us Windows Xp not have updates but have the politic Microsoft is very hard to accept sometime i not understand is very hard for me

Bye and thanks again

Pietro60, Feb 21, 2020
    Janice likes this.
  10. Pietro60

flavallee Guest

I've continued to test Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit since it reached its unofficial end-of-life(EOL) in April 2019.
    More and more apps keep dropping support for it, so I use only the third-party apps that I absolutely need.
    I submitted a detailed install and update guide for it that I've created and improved on over time.
    I also found and use what I consider to be a better looking "XP" wallpaper.

Windows XP Bliss Wallpaper (1920 X 1080).jpg

flavallee, Feb 24, 2020
    Janice and Pietro60 like this.
  11. Pietro60

Pietro60

Very nice many thanks and congratulations

Bye

Pietro60, Feb 24, 2020
  12. Pietro60

caliber

M$ dropped the support for W7 with a black wallpaper bug.
    the only way to fix this issue is paying for extended secury updates but now it seems like they will do it for free.
    well... they actually wanted to scare people and get them moving to W10

*I am not too much interested on W7 but I think there is already a hacked patch to get the ESU updates.

caliber, Feb 25, 2020
    Janice and Pietro60 like this.
  13. Pietro60

Pietro60

Microsoft uses the policy of scaring people, and also uses dictatorship and the regime

Pietro60, Feb 25, 2020
    Connor McMahon and Janice like this.
  14. Pietro60

trimis

Simple explanation is M$ greed. You sell XP only, then most likely you only sell it once per customer. If you keep 'retiring' one version after another, while cattle-prodding the sheeple to buy each new version with shrill cries of 'UNSAFE' or 'DANGEROUS', then you sell each version one after another, and keep milking that good cash-flow from the mindless herd indefinitely.

Next there is the M$ philosophy of making us lowly endusers the secondary product to sell(out) to their Ritchie Rich clients, via packing in ever new and pernicious incarnations of their corporate spyware/malware based on Palladium (http://www.samizdat.net/zelig/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html), and making it ever more difficult to combat via customization or configuration utilities like XPlite.

trimis, Apr 9, 2020
    Pietro60 likes this.
  15. Pietro60

Scratch

Hi Flavallee.
    Read your post with great interest.
    You posted with reference to 32 bit Windows XP Pro.
    I always thought that XP Pro only came in a 64 bit flavor.
    Not wanting to correct your post, only wishing it was true..

Scratch, May 6, 2020
  16. Pietro60

flavallee Guest

All primary versions(Home Edition, Professional, Media Center Edition) of Windows XP came in 32-bit.
    Only the Professional version also came in 64-bit.

The 32-bit versions had a Service Pack 3.
    The 64-bit version had a Service Pack 2.

flavallee, May 6, 2020
  17. Pietro60

Scratch

Thanks Flavalee.
    Appreciate the information.
    I own the 64-bit version of pro which is presently uninstalled.
    Looking to purchase a 32-bit version as I understand that it plays better with early games.
    I'm an ex Fla Charlotte County resident of many years, by the by. Sometimes miss it. :(
    Scratch...

Scratch, May 7, 2020
  18. Pietro60

flavallee Guest

There are several ISO files of Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit which are self-activating and integrated to April 2019.
    If you can obtain one of those ISO files, you can create your own bootable install DVD.
    Since these are non-genuine copies, I can't help you, so you will need to search for it yourself.

flavallee, May 7, 2020
  19. Pietro60

trimis

You have several options...one already given by flavallee. Others are from Ebay. One seller lists used PCs with XP Pro SP3 already installed and pre-activated. I bought a Dell Optiplex 755 before that lasted three years, and now have an Optiplex 960 from him. Both was ready to go out of the box...no fooling with shady M$ activation. Another seller lists WD hard drives (500GB & 1TB), both new and refurbished, with XP Pro already installed and pre-activated. Just install the HDD in your PC and its ready. There are XP Pro install CDs on Ebay too, but I can't think of why anyone in their right mind would want to fool with sleazy MS and its activation nonsense.

trimis, May 13, 2020
Ask a Question