Suggestions for an alternative to Outlook Express in later versions of Windows

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by HaroldC, Mar 7, 2021.

1. HaroldC

HaroldC

Hi All

One of the reasons I stick with Windows XP is that I make extensive use of Ourlook express - in particular the identifies feature. I have a number of users on my machine for other family members but in my user I have around 6 Outlook Express identities to keep email seperate for Work and a number of different hobbies/interests.

It seems that the microsoft replacement [Live Mail] only allows one 'identity' - I read somewhere that to replicate OE identities you would have to set up several windows users. An approach I really don't want to take. Added to which I understand live mail stores each email in a seperate file rather than a 'folder'.

Any one else see this as a problem? - I am assuming that OE is not supported in Windows 10. Does anyone have any ideas for an alternative?

Thanks

HaroldC, Mar 7, 2021
  2. HaroldC

Elizabeth23

I do not use OE, I use yahoo mail and there are 4 names using it now all on the same user account, :)

Elizabeth23, Mar 8, 2021
  3. HaroldC

Lockherup

I use Becky! Internet email. The thing is like 2mb, works in its own folders. you can move around files from computer to computer or user to user, check one or check all. I think it beats most clients but the program is old and from japan so fairly unknown.

Attached Files:

Lockherup, Mar 8, 2021
Ask a Question