Strange Docs on Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Suanough, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Suanough

Suanough

I keep getting these documents (notepad) that spring up on my desktop uninvited. They are titled: CloudAV0822003938_2612 and I get four or five in a days time. I have tried trashing them but to no avail... Can someone help? I am running XP SP2. :D

Suanough, Aug 22, 2015
  2. Suanough

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Trojan. I would suggest running Malwarebytes to see if it will kill this trojan

Somehow this fake Anti-Virus program has found it's way into your system.

The article below is by Microsoft probably aimed at Win 7, 8, 8.1 users but will hopefully apply to XP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cloud AV 2012 is a variant of Win32/FakeScanti - a family of trojans that claim to scan for malware and display fake warnings of "malicious programs and viruses". It then informs the user that they need to pay money to register the software in order to remove these non-existent threats. The malware may also attempt to terminate processes and block access to websites.

What to do now
    To detect and remove this threat and other malicious software that may be installed on your computer, run a full-system scan with an appropriate, up-to-date, security solution. The following Microsoftproducts detect and remove this threat:
    Microsoft Security Essentials
    Microsoft Safety Scanner
    Windows Defender
    Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
    For more information on antivirus software, see http://www.microsoft.com/windows/antivirus-partners/.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you can kill the thing,

Cheers,

Aunty Jack.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Aunty Jack, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Suanough

eatup

that is definitely malware on the pc (why do they even bother to leave tell tale signs rather than act stealthily to steal user data)?

anyways, visit an antivirus site such as bitdefender.com they usually have a free online virus scanner or trial/free lite version of their antivirus.

eatup, Aug 22, 2015
Ask a Question