Still Find XP with IE6?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by zerbey, Apr 7, 2016.

1. zerbey

zerbey

I'm tring to find a copy of XP that comes with IE6. So far, resellers on Amazon don't seem to be sure which version of IE their discs have. Is their some kind of identifier that helps you know which version of IE a certain build of XP has?

zerbey, Apr 7, 2016
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  2. zerbey

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Apr 7, 2016
  3. zerbey

ScaleCraft

Yes...my latest XP load (late last year) has SP2 and IE6. I left IE6 as I rarely use IE anymore, and it's a curiosity. I was able to get SP3 off the MS website, then found a disc with SP3 on it anyway.
    IE8 can be interesting to find. I looked, finally found i and saved it to the desktop should I need it later.
    Dave

ScaleCraft, Apr 7, 2016
  4. zerbey

Elizabeth23

yes I have both sp3 and ie8 saved to my onedrive acct, :)

Elizabeth23, Apr 7, 2016
  5. zerbey

Dibya

Any of you guys want to make a XP iso with ie8,wmp11,all updates(posready2009), winusb and other groundbreaking features,128Gb Ram Support and All freware needed soft +Drivers .feel free to contact me .
    I can make xp run on latest Skylake 6th gen intel.

Dibya, Jun 3, 2016
  6. zerbey

Touko White

I have an exact copy of en_winxp_home_with_sp2 if you want it, it has not been modified or anything, and comes with every defaults, send me a PM if you want me to send it to you.

I'd recommend installing the SP2 version and not the SP3 version because less XP keys exist for SP3, I found several for SP2, however.

Touko White, Jun 4, 2016
  7. zerbey

cmccaff1

I like to keep IE7/IE8 off of my XP installations as much as possible. Certain programs I use try to integrate IE in some way as a part of the installation (either by bringing up a web page after a program is installed, or by trying to connect to the Internet to complete an unnecessary registration process); IE6 is too old to work with that garbage properly, which actually makes it a big plus for me. It also uses less RAM than the later versions, another big plus.

In general, any pre-SP3 XP install disc should have IE6 on it for sure. SP3 came out after IE7 had already been released and IE8 was on the way.

cmccaff1, Sep 14, 2018
Ask a Question